Please help - cat won't stop eating

sheff utd

I have a tortoishell female around 10 yrs old and she is always hungry i have tried feeding her seperate to my other three cats but she just meows every time near her feeding dish she just does'nt seem to fill up i have tried worming tablets but she still continues she als seems to have lost some weight but as much as i love her I cannot afford vet bills at the moment and don't claim any benefits

We had this problem with an old cat which started a couple of years ago. It was found to be a thyroid thing. A blood test will show if this is the problem. Ours was put on tablets and then checked. She would just eat and eat. She's 15 now and still with us!

At 10 years old it could well be a thyroid or liver issue, both of which can cause really excessive eating, so it's worth getting her to the vets for a simple blood test which can rule out a number of metabolic and hormonal conditions including both of these, most of which can be managed with medication, prescription food or surgery.

Archived