Looking For Novice/Aspiring Comedy Writers

Hi all

If you are wanting to get in to doing a bit of comedy writing as part of a team, then we at Words And Things would love to hear from you.

We're wanting to get in to writing and producing radio comedy shows and want to get a team of dedicated people to help.

We're looking for people who would want to meet on a regular basis to help create scripts, bring ideas forward and general be part of the creative process.

Please let me know if you fancy it as we really want this to go somewhere. We have aspirations to do it for a living as opposed to just a hobby that we do outside of normal employment!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sounds interesting, i take it being part of a script writing team would also include any financial reward should the scripts be commissioned .

You'd get paid when we started getting paid for doing it.

At this exact moment in time it's just something we do, but the plan is eventually to do it for a living. I've been reading loads of stuff on how to get your work noticed by companies such as the BBC so we do have goals and aspirations. Unfortunately, that's all they are at this time.

So, all you will get at the moment is your name credited for help in the creative process and/or the performance.

• 1 month later...

Hello people!

I'm new to the whole Sheffield forum thing, but I'd definitely like to help! Sounds like a good idea and a fantastic opportunity to get some stuff made! I'm more into writing comedy films, but radio's always intrigued me, so count me in if you need me! :)

Just found this thread - sounds interesting and I'd be keen to get a bit more involved too. Where are things at now with the group - I notice the thread started a couple of months ago... It would be great if someone would email or PM me a bit more information! Thanks!

Archived