Films of Newlfield School

The Yorkshire Film Archive recently obtained nine films from Newfield School, mostly from the 1960s, but including one from 1956 (?), one from 1970 and one from 1977. Does anyone remember these films - either being in them or being involved in making them? They feature school sports and trips out. One in particular, from 1968, features a fashion/needlwork show at the Grosvenor Hotel with clothes made by students from the school.

Unlike the others, which were made by the school featuring school activities, the 1956 film seems to be more of a personal film by a teacher. This is what our catalogue entry states: 'The film consists of a number of scenes both at home and on holiday capturing different aspects of leisure. Most of these include gardening at home, children playing on bicycles and pogo sticks, family picnics, faculty family bus trips, sailing in Norfolk on the Broads, an amusement park, and scenes of Brighton.'

We haven't had this film transferred to another format, but anyone is welcome to visit the Archive and arrange to see any films. The number to call is: 01904 876550

Steve

• 9 months later...

Hello every one, I just wanted to say I was in that fashion show at the Grosvenor Hotel....from what i remember it was a good day ... I do remember making the outfit that I modelled........I don't remember a film been made but would love to see it. Thinking about the clothes that was made they must look pretty awfull now......hehe:)

Archived