Anyone been to Cyprus?

I'm going in August, so by that time it should have all cleared up.

I wouldn't count on it - they are planning on four to six months of problems in our offices out there - they reckon it's a demolish and rebuild job on the power station. Hopefully they can get some floating generation from ships moved in from countries nearby though whcih should ease the problems somewhat.

Things seem to be looking up for the power in Cyprus.

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/power-supply-should-be-normal-within-weeks/20110719

THE ELECTRICITY Authority of Cyprus (EAC) should be able to meet power demands within the next few weeks pending a private sector agreement for the supply, installation, operation and maintenance of temporary generators, chairman, Harris Thrassou said yesterday.

Im going to Cyprus with my mate in a few weeks, cant wait for the nice hot weather! We are staying in an All Inclusive Hotel in Limmasol for a week.

Anyways just wondered if anyone else has been and if there are any good places to visit.

Also we are wanting to go clubbing too in Limmasol and wondered what the clubs are like?

Cheers guys :P

Sad that you're going to Limassol which is a bit of a dump these days, Paphos is the place to go with access to many places, I would avoid the trips because you tend to stop at places the tour guide gets backhanders for, we went on a trip to Troodos and drove straight through the village and down to a restraunt in Platres where the guide was payed to take us to.

Hire a car as we always do on our frequent visits, we pick ours up at the airport and drop it off there.

Just be careful with car hire if you intend to cross the green line (or whatever it's called).

You should be informed by any reputable car hire company regarding issues over entering Northern Cyprus especialy regarding validity of vehicle insurance.

We use a very reliable and highly recommended Paphos hire company.

Didn't the OP say they were staying near Kyrenia?

Edit - no it was nennebobs, a later post.

Arrived in Kyrenia to play at the 'Harbour Club' in the winter on a stormy night, it was like something out of Robert Louis Stevenson, they had to put us up in a hotel due to the weather and rain causing a landslide to block the road.

This was before partition.

Archived