D&D group in Sheffield

Sounds good, could I be an NPC or something on the first game? Just to watch what everyone does, etc, might be less hassle for everyone if they're not telling me what to do every turn. I can exchange confused looks with your housemate.

Thanks Jacko for the offer but id like to stick with Amo_angelus on this one, something we wanted to do together :)

I had no luck getting somewhere to start a new group up with that doesnt cost abit to rent out on a regular basis but i can get free room for 1 or 2 odd meets which seems fair enough to start with to see if we all get along and get things rolling :), If you are intrested PM me with your free times and ill see if there can be a chance we all have a spare slot :D

It was quite difficult initially to get something going - I think we started with 4 people who had replied and a couple of friends. It's grown a bit since then with others joining who know people from the originals. If a room is all that's stopping you - contact the guys from ROTTOCK (the Old Queen Group) there's usually space in a corner for a few (although bear in mind there are 3 games running on a Thursday at the moment). It costs £10 between the lot of us which amounts to less than a quid each.

Good luck getting something going.

Casuals sound good while we start im sure i could get a few npc's for them to use, i been asking round other places locally i know. Im quiet happy to travel anywhere in reasonable distance so broomhill is ok :D

Thanks for the tip Jacko i'll have a look at that. I know i can hire a "meeting" room anytime i like for £10 per hour. Assuming 4 or 5 of us as it seems people ok throwing in a couple of quid for the rent of the place? Its located above a library so its nice quiet and private enough for us to shour out about cookies to our hearts content ^_^ (now i want cookies!)

Couple of quid is fine, even I can afford that ;) Much cheaper than going to the pub and I'd rather do something like this than that anyway. And I can bring myself a flask of tea :D

Area doesn't worry me as god knows where I'm gonna be living soon anyway, if tomorrow goes wonderfully I'll be moving to Burngreave for a few months as soon as someone else moves into here.

Hey, sorry for not replying, I've just found out we got our new house so I'm trying to sort my life out ^_^

Library sounds good, not managed to speak to anyone yet so its probably our best option! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly recommend speaking tio the Old Queens Head Group,, like Jacko suggested. £10 an hour is an awful lot, especially on a regular basis.

The pub there is quite nice, reasonable food and the like, and the room is quite good. From what JAcko has told me there would be space in there for you guys on one of their nights. What you don't want is to get started than have different people not being able to make it each week because of the money!

Archived