God does NOT exist!

You had better believe it.

Grahame, this is a bit strident even for you!

I think you mentioned a funeral a few days ago; i hope you're ok. None of this is ever personal, i just enjoy a good debate, the more heated the better. Take care, and don't ever take anything i say in the wrong vein.

Sorry Grahame, I was trying to bring it down to your level, seeing as how previously when trying to engage you in debate you fell a bit short of the mark.

There are some subjects, such as science, critical thinking/skepticism, and even various religious beliefs themselves( re: Biblical Christianity) which I am much better educated in than certain people who come here spouting all manner of ridiculous assertions, such as yourself. I am here discussing them as they were raised, I have an interest in religion and the issues surrounding it, call it the anthropologist in me.

You talk total rubbish and your only reason for being here is to dishonour Jesus Christ and I am not going to sit here and let you slander someone I love.

Even little ol' me can relate to those sentiments, sounds rational to me, I might even count to thirteen instead of ten next time.

Even though I don't see the bible as being the word of a god, I do look upon it almost like Aesop's Fables, generally good morale stories from which you can learn. What I object to is preachers who forcibly tell you to hang on to every single word no matter how many times they reinterpret it.

Aesop's Fables! You are disgusting.

Grahame, this is a bit strident even for you!

I think you mentioned a funeral a few days ago; i hope you're ok. None of this is ever personal, i just enjoy a good debate, the more heated the better. Take care, and don't ever take anything i say in the wrong vein.

Look EB you do not believe in God so leave those who do in peace. You have no right at all to go telling people what to believe or to dictate to them or try to influence them or to try to bring Christianity down. What you are doing is disgusting and it is wrong.

You talk total rubbish and your only reason for being here is to dishonour Jesus Christ and I am not going to sit here and let you slander someone I love.

You don't love Jesus at all! You use His name to give yourself comfort. You take and take from His name - He gives me comfort, He helps me when I am at a loose end or depressed, He helps me figure out my aim in life etc.

You give NOTHING back to Jesus, so love Him? No, I don't think so.

Look EB you do not believe in God so leave those who do in peace. You have no right at all to go telling people what to believe or to dictate to them or try to influence them or to try to bring Christianity down. What you are doing is disgusting and it is wrong.

And is exactly the same as what you do, but from the other angle. As I say Grahame, you are just like those you despise.

If there were no God atheists would have nothing to talk about.

(I like the new addition Mr G.)

So are religious people allowed to talk about science, or is it just atheists... Because to me that's what this thread is supposed to be about, and so far i've not heard any compelling evidence to sway my judgement in the favour of existence.

Archived