God does NOT exist!

Wards End at Hillsborough originally meant World End but it was not the end of the world and neither was the whole world flooded. Words change.

A street in Hillsborough and the Bible, the book you base your beliefs on, are two very different things. What did the word "whole" mean back then then? So are you saying that the bible has used all the wrong words and we shouldn't really believe what is written therein as words can and do change?

How come you believe in what it says then if the words have changed and in some cases can be wrong?

A street in Hillsborough and the Bible, the book you base your beliefs on are two very different things. What did the word "whole" mean back then then. So are you saying that the bible has used all the wrong words and we shouldn't really believe what is written therein as words can and do change?

How come you believe in what it says then if the words have changed and in some cases can be wrong?

You know words change their meaning but thankfully we can go back to the original text.

Have you gone back to the original text? Or is what you base your whole belief on the version where the words may have changed?

From the writers perspective which was obviously limited the waters appeared to cover the whole earth. I take the view the flood waters extended a little further than a dove can fly and return.

From the writers perspective which was obviously limited the waters appeared to cover the whole earth. I take the view the flood waters extended a little further than a dove can fly and return.

so why does the bible say it covered the tallest mountain then? Is the bible wrong or are you wrong?

I do not feel as though I was trapped and this is how it ended with Christianity coming out on top of atheism.

Truth to tell I think God looks on the heart and knows and understands just as He knows the hearts and motives of those who deliberately set out to deceive [and trap] others.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=5022935&postcount=2011

Right and how do you suppose it covered that... without going around the globe.

Do you seriously expect Grahame to answer that?

Though if he does I'm willing to put money on it that back then the earth was shaped like a bowl or the requirements for something to be classed as a mountain weren't as strict.

Do you seriously expect Grahame to answer that?

Though if he does I'm willing to put money on it that back then the earth was shaped like a bowl or the requirements for something to be classed as a mountain weren't as strict.

Or that Mt Ararat is in a crater, and the water filler up the crater.. but then it would not be a mountain... this should be fun, especially since I just done the calculations to approximately work out how much water is needed to cover a mountain 3000m high, which isn't even anywhere near the current height of Mt Ararat.

Archived