God does NOT exist!

I do not feel as though I was trapped and this is how it ended with Christianity coming out on top of atheism.

Truth to tell I think God looks on the heart and knows and understands just as He knows the hearts and motives of those who deliberately set out to deceive [and trap] others.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=5022935&postcount=2011

Xtianity is fading away in this country. Church attendance is falling, the most religious communities tend to be immigrant ones, and they'll start to lose their religion too in this increasingly secular state. Make the most of what faith still remains, mate, it'll soon be gone in a couple of generations.

I wonder how god feels about people who can't defend him without lying? Can they still be called true christians?

Xtianity is fading away in this country. Church attendance is falling, the most religious communities tend to be immigrant ones, and they'll start to lose their religion too in this increasingly secular state. Make the most of what faith still remains, mate, it'll soon be gone in a couple of generations.

I wonder how god feels about people who can't defend him without lying? Can they still be called true christians?

You have said that before. You need to back those accusations up or withdraw them.

Or that Mt Ararat is in a crater, and the water filler up the crater.. but then it would not be a mountain... this should be fun, especially since I just done the calculations to approximately work out how much water is needed to cover a mountain 3000m high, which isn't even anywhere near the current height of Mt Ararat.

No of course not silly, it was at the end of the ice age when all the ice caps were melting and the vegetation was lush and it was raining cats and dogs. :D

It doesn't give the academics a problem.

Grahame, I am so glad you brought this up. See this is my area of speciality, my undergrad was in Geology, and my current Master is in Geophysics, don't believe me, PM and I will be happy to send you an email from my University account.

The reason why I ask, is draw a circle on a piece of paper, or do it in mspaint so you can link it to us on here. Draw a circle, then draw a cone representing the mountain, how would the water cover that mountain and not cover the world.

Or that Mt Ararat is in a crater, and the water filler up the crater.. but then it would not be a mountain... this should be fun, especially since I just done the calculations to approximately work out how much water is needed to cover a mountain 3000m high, which isn't even anywhere near the current height of Mt Ararat.

I haven't followed this particular conversatio all the way back, so i don't know precisely what grahame is claiming to be true about the flood. I get the impression he thinks it was a fairly local affair, which seems at odds with the actual bible afaik. However, if he is suppprting the dimensions described in the bible; they've been proven to be unworkable. A non-metal boat built to that specification would simply fall apart. Google it.

Also, the force of a rainfall sufficient to cover mt Arrarat would pulverise anything it hit, and the energy released by such a massive downpour would actually heat the water to above boiling point. Simple physics; again, google it. I'm on my phone, so can't post links.

Grahame, I am so glad you brought this up. See this is my area of speciality, my undergrad was in Geology, and my current Master is in Geophysics, don't believe me, PM and I will be happy to send you an email from my University account.

The reason why I ask, is draw a circle on a piece of paper, or do it in mspaint so you can link it to us on here. Draw a circle, then draw a cone representing the mountain, how would the water cover that mountain and not cover the world.

The fact remains that other countries Babylon for example record a great flood, so although I do not know the answer I do know there was a flood.

No of course not silly, it was at the end of the ice age when all the ice caps were melting and the vegetation was lush and it was raining cats and dogs. :D

Right, and again, and how did it cover Mt Ararat without going around the Globe.

The fact remains that other countries Babylon for example record a great flood, so although I do not know the answer I do know there was a flood.

Right, and other countries have different stories about floods, floods are common. Floods covering a mountain don't happen, can't and don't.

Archived