God does NOT exist!

So you are admitting there were floods. There you go case proved. I'm happy and if you have problems you find the answers.

Grahame, nobody was disputing floods, the point that was been disputed was floods covering Mt Ararat.

And you failed to answer a question yet again:

And you know they are talking about the same flood how?

You have said that before. You need to back those accusations up or withdraw them.

Back up which bits? The 'lying for jesus' bit or the 'xtianity is fading' bit?

I'm happy to offer evidence for both as soon as i get to a computer and can do quotes and links: either later today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, but you never know. Luckily i think i've already 'quoted' a lot of your more blatant untruths in my earlier responses, so the evidence should still be there in quotes safely captured in my posts.

In the meantime, perhaps some of my fellow sceptics could oblige if they have the time.

Laters...

Back up which bits? The 'lying for jesus' bit or the 'xtianity is fading' bit?

I'm happy to offer evidence for both as soon as i get to a computer and can do quotes and links: either later today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, but you never know. Luckily i think i've already 'quoted' a lot of your more blatant untruths in my earlier responses, so the evidence should still be there in quotes safely captured in my posts.

In the meantime, perhaps some of my fellow sceptics could oblige if they have the time.

Laters...

You accuse me of lying so lets see it.

Xtianity is fading away in this country. Church attendance is falling, the most religious communities tend to be immigrant ones, and they'll start to lose their religion too in this increasingly secular state. Make the most of what faith still remains, mate, it'll soon be gone in a couple of generations.

Like this post.

you should read terry pratchets small gods.:-)

Grahame, nobody was disputing floods, the point that was been disputed was floods covering Mt Ararat.

And you failed to answer a question yet again:

And you know they are talking about the same flood how?

That part of the world was flooded, there are records of it and you have admitted as much. The Bible records a great flood that wiped everyone out, perhaps the whole globe was covered and the Bible is 100% correct which is what you seem to be saying.

Anything else you will have to ask your peers.

That part of the world was flooded,[/Quote]

Right Grahame, and the Babylonian flood myth states everybody died and the world was flooded.

Since you like Wikipedia so much:

"Tablet nine

Gilgamesh sets out to avoid Enkidu's fate and makes a perilous journey to visit Utnapishtim (the Faraway, a Sumerian mythology counterpart of Noah) and his wife, the only humans to have survived the Great Flood and who were granted immortality by the gods, "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_of_Gilgamesh

there are records of it and you have admitted as much.[/Quote]

Right, and how do you determine they are talking about the same flood.

The Bible records a great flood that wiped everyone out, perhaps the whole globe was covered and the Bible is 100% correct which is what you seem to be saying.[/Quote]

No what I am saying is there was no global flood, the flood did not cover Mt Ararat.

Anything else you will have to ask your peers.

Why? You made the case, I am asking you.

How would a flood cover Mt Ararat and not the world, and how do you know these two flood stories are talking about the same event.

Case in point Grahame, Sheffield has been more than once before, take for example flood of Sheffield in 1864 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Sheffield_Flood, and the recent flooding, given news articles of both of them, are we assume they are both the same flood as you have done with the Bible Flood story and that of the Babylonians? No of course you wouldn't, so again how do you know they are talking about the same flood.

Right Grahame, and the Babylonian flood myth states everybody died and the world was flooded.

Since you like Wikipedia so much:

"Tablet nine

Gilgamesh sets out to avoid Enkidu's fate and makes a perilous journey to visit Utnapishtim (the Faraway, a Sumerian mythology counterpart of Noah) and his wife, the only humans to have survived the Great Flood and who were granted immortality by the gods, "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_of_Gilgamesh

Right, and how do you determine they are talking about the same flood.

No what I am saying is there was no global flood, the flood did not cover Mt Ararat.

Why? You made the case, I am asking you.

How would a flood cover Mt Ararat and not the world, and how do you know these two flood stories are talking about the same event.

Case in point Grahame, Sheffield has been more than once before, take for example flood of Sheffield in 1864 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Sheffield_Flood, and the recent flooding, given news articles of both of them, are we assume they are both the same flood as you have done with the Bible Flood story and that of the Babylonians? No of course you wouldn't, so again how do you know they are talking about the same flood.

See post 2094 for my reply.

See post 2094 for my reply.

It doesn't address anything. Now care to actually answer. Especially how you conclude they are talking about the same event, and not two separate events.

Archived