God does NOT exist!

I tend to agree that he doesn't exist and if he does, the way he is portrayed in the likes of the Bible or Koran, I wouldn't worship him anyway. If he can't do something about all the evil in the world then he really isn't a stand up guy in my book.

Well, praying doesn't work for a number of reasons, not least that 'fact' that the Christian god yahveh is supposedly omniscient (meaning he/she/it knows everything past present and future, including whether you'll pray or not and what will happen as a result.)

Interesting that people call yahveh 'him' (and occasionally her). Gender only exists as a function of sexual reproduction, so yahveh can only be male if he has the appropriate genitalia, and that genitalia would require the existence of a female counterpart. So, either yahveh is sexless, and therefore neither male nor female, or yahveh is male and there are female yahvehs, or yahveh is female

Explain rather than insult.

I would explain but you probably wouldn't get it....oh, alright, go on then.....

The fact that god didn't answer your prayers could be explained by any number of reasons other than that he doesn't exist -

a) He exists but doesn't like you

b) He'll answer it next year

c) He exists but is too busy at the moment

d) He exists but chooses not to answer for his own good reasons

You get the idea. You can't disprove God any more than I or anyone else can prove him. It's a matter of faith. You don't have any, simple as that.

No need to get the hump on, really.

Last night i prayed for an end to famine and i also asked god to get rid of all types of cancer.

I have no vested interest and it was a totaly selfless act but guess what.

He didnt do ****.

Well it does state in the bible that 'God' said he/she/it would never interfere with man again following the great floods after Noah's ark. So maybe this was why your prayers weren't answered?:huh:

Edited by VNF...

I would explain but you probably wouldn't get it....oh, alright, go on then.....

The fact that god didn't answer your prayers could be explained by any number of reasons other than that he doesn't exist -

a) He exists but doesn't like you

b) He'll answer it next year

c) He exists but is too busy at the moment

d) He exists but chooses not to answer for his own good reasons

You get the idea. You can't disprove God any more than I or anyone else can prove him. It's a matter of faith. You don't have any, simple as that.

No need to get the hump on, really.

What a load of garbage but then looking at some of your previous posts its hardly suprising.

Well it does state in the bible that 'God' said he/she/it would never interfere with man again following the great floods after Noah's ark. So maybe this was why your prayers weren't answered?:huh:

I thought he said he would never again destroy the earth....not that he wouldn't interfere with man again. Then again, I'm not too up on my Bible reading these days.

I thought he said he would never again destroy the earth....not that he wouldn't interfere with man again.

Either way.. how convenient.

:)

What a load of garbage but then looking at some of your previous posts its hardly suprising.

Listen bro, Halibut's completely right in this case. You have proved nothing with your little example, you cannot prove god doesn't exist. Well perhaps you can, but you certainly have not done so here on this thread.

Oh, and look at my posting history if you like, you'll find I'm one of the more ardent advocates of atheism on this forum. You're making us look bad!:)

Listen bro, Halibut's completely right in this case. You have proved nothing with your little example, you cannot prove god doesn't exist. Well perhaps you can, but you certainly have not done so here on this thread.

Oh, and look at my posting history if you like, you'll find I'm one of the more ardent advocates of atheism on this forum. You're making us look bad!:)

Saying all that. Mr England is right though. Proof or not. :)

Logic and reason leads us to the right answer.