Dress code

Cycleracer

Thanks for your views, a very mixed piont of view on this but my main issue is not what the rules and regs are of some clubs but more of a personal choice whether you go out for dinner, to the pics or to the local pub my thoughts were along that line with people not bothering to dress for the occation.

I think if you look round town on a Friday and Saturday night the majority of blokes are wearing shirt, trousers and shoes, and most of the women are wearing a nice sexy outfit, so I would disagree with that statement.

Yes, the rest of the week people more go for jeans and t-shirt, but they aren't 'big night out' days, and there tends to be a more relaxed atmosphere.

Generally mid week if a doorman turns someone away due to their clothes it is probably just an excuse not to let in someone they don't like the look of.

don't get me started on dress code round sheffield..some of the pubs and clubs seem to think they are so exclusive,,,whats the definition of smart...are you telling me some towny that goes into kingdom in his black trousers that don't fit properly and his Pod shoes and his blue stripey shirt with white cuffs and collars is more smarter than someone with cool jeans and a t-shirt on....sorry..not havin it...Owners of pubs and clubs round sheffield need to wake up and realise what they actually are...****ty drinkin dives...I can understand it if it is an exclusive members only club or summat but come on...I have friends from Mancheser and Leeds who hate Sheffield for this reason...other cities are really laid back about dress code and it makes for a more pleasant night out....And whos to say that the dude in his jeans and t-shirt is more likely to get into trouble than the tanked up townie???...I thank you....take deep breathes...calm down

• 2 weeks later...

Dress codes are very useful. If a place has got one, I know I won't fit in there.

No dis to DB, but if a place has bouncers, I probably won't fit in there. My usual haunts in town are the Rutland Hotel and Fat Cat, and of course my exception to this rule, the Dev Cat.

The other sign is that I can hear the place from the outside. Never quite understood why people queue up to get into places where you can't sit down, can't hear people speak, and can't get a decent pint.

Me and my mate got turned away from Kingdom (oh no, really upset about that one!!) the other day - him for wearing 'steel' toecaps (plastic reinforced shoes) and me for wearing 'trainers' - dark red leather shoes.

Hmmm... I can only assume they didn't like the look of us, but as I pointed out to the bouncers, even if my friend wanted to start a fight, he's twice as likely to kick off now he's been refused from a night club!!

Originally posted by Karlt

I've been turned away from the Kingdom because my shoes (black office work shoes) were too scruffy.

Nothing to do with my long hair and leathers. Oh no, no, no, no ;)

Why would a long haired biker want to go into Kingdom?

Originally posted by Classic Rock

Why would a long haired biker want to go into Kingdom?

It's a very good question.

It was only to be sociable - was with a group of trendies.

I imagine you can guess where I did end up - begins with 'C'...

Burbury in ANY form is a strict NO NO. No entry at all. It's associated with fottball hooliganism and the owners ban it along with, football shirts and casual sports wear.

People who can really afford to wear Burberry are generally not football hooligans (who probably bought there fake shirts off the market) so i dont see why you say that Burberry in any form is a no no as there are plenty of respectable people who wear real Burberry who wouldnt cause any trouble at all.

So from your comment you ban Burberry from your bar? even if say some celebrity wanted to come in and happened to be wearing a burberry shirt???

Archived