Where do you go on a day out in London?

Tate modern is brilliant! St Pauls is worth a visit but DON'T go right to the top (whispering gallery) if you suffer vertigo like me ... I passed out! :gag: We managed an evening at Royal Albert hall watching Cirque du soleil ... absolutely fantastic! :D

• 3 months later...
Definately go to one of the museums, they're free.

I'd recommend the British Museum, the Natural History Museum or the V&A, but you'll not manage all 3 in one day.

Kew Gardens is nice and so is London Zoo.

Shopping has to include Harrods, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Carnaby Street, Regents Street, Bond Street (very expensive, so good for window shopping mainly) and Oxford Street.

The Aquarium is good and is near the London Eye, if your feeling brave.

You have no chance at the NHM unless you are happy to queue for an hour or so. Better off at Science Museum if weather is bad.

Camden Lock is a good place to take a day. It is a really hip place. Some great shops and great eating places. There is even a Wetherspoons selling real ale at £1.80/pint. Also very lively at night.

Take a boat from there to Little Venice.

Covent Garden is OK but expensive.

Buy Oyster Card for underground otherwise you will be queueing for half an hour every time you travel. They also work on buses and river boat. Use it to go to Grenwich and the Dome (which is a right dump). You can then go tu tut "That cost us £1 billion.

try http://www.londonaletrail.co.uk for decent pubs. Go to 5 and get a free T shirt.

The Eye

Hyde Park for a walk around the Serpentine. Enjoy a beer or two and a meal at the cafe at the end of the Serpentine nearest the main entrance

Covent Garden including the London Transport musem

Madame Tussauds waxworks museum

The Tower and the Crown jewels

A boat trip from Westminster Pier down the river for a day at Kew gardens

The Imperial War museum and the British museum

Hampton Court

Harrods and Fortnum and Mason just worth a visit even if the mercahndise is very pricey

Greenwich and the fantastic museum

Just to name a few

I cant believe the OP would need to ask such a question.

Still one of the best and most interesting cities in the world

Archived