Over priced beer.

melv

It's only 6.6%. We drink the strong ales at the taps in pints. Surely its up to the individual?

beat me too it (i was banned when the question was first asked) not for me personally, but don't see a problem with it.

Tastes fine to me. You can only get Sam smiths in there pubs, so if it's your local then.

OBB is a very clean bitter - never had a bad pint of it, and i have drank in maybe 50 samuel smiths pubs.

sam smiths also brew one of the best beers in the world in the form of nut brown ale. their beers are shipped worldwide, so they must be doing something right and they are actually respected as a craft brewer - its amazing considering the pubs and the fairly standard draught products that they offer.

as has been said, sam smiths does appear elsewhere from time to time, particularly in working mens clubs.

It's only 6.6%. We drink the strong ales at the taps in pints. Surely its up to the individual?

It's not a question of the % as much as the style of the drink. Leffe and indeed most Belgian beers just aren't designed to be drunk as pint. That's why you don't get pint glasses for Belgian beer, which is a bit of a hint. It's deliberatly sweet bordering on the cloying and is supposed to be drunk slowly.

I'm sorry but I just don't see any point in ordering a pint of the stuff. Just a bizarre concept.

sam smiths also brew one of the best beers in the world in the form of nut brown ale. their beers are shipped worldwide, so they must be doing something right and they are actually respected as a craft brewer - its amazing considering the pubs and the fairly standard draught products that they offer.

The Nut Brown ale is fantastic. The IPA, Imperial Stout and the Oatmeal Stout are also winners.

Archived