Over priced beer.

melv

I'd love to support my local pub! The problem with my local is that it's awful. Bad beer, scruffy carpets, smelly toilets, rude bar staff etc.

I'm sure that there is more than one! The more people that support them the more they will have to improve the standards. With the losses that most are making the can hardly afford to keep open never mind redecorate!

I'm sure that there is more than one! The more people that support them the more they will have to improve the standards. With the losses that most are making the can hardly afford to keep open never mind redecorate!

its true there are lot of locals that are struggling and cant afford to even whip round the place with a paintbrush.....by supporting them more perhaps they will be able to clean up their act, and indeed have a REASON for doing so.....

I'd love to support my local pub! The problem with my local is that it's awful. Bad beer, scruffy carpets, smelly toilets, rude bar staff etc.

Sounds not unlike The Crown at the bottom of Chesterfield Road and they charge £3.07 for a pint of Stella and £3.09 for a pint of Bud!

Believe me you are not paying a subsidy on the beer for either location or ambience....

Sounds not unlike The Crown at the bottom of Chesterfield Road and they charge £3.07 for a pint of Stella and £3.09 for a pint of Bud!

Believe me you are not paying a subsidy on the beer for either location or ambience....

No you are paying it because the brewery is likely to be charging that sort of price to the landlord. I would hazard a guess he is not even making a profit on those prices if he is tied into a brewery.

No you are paying it because the brewery is likely to be charging that sort of price to the landlord. I would hazard a guess he is not even making a profit on those prices if he is tied into a brewery.

There will be a profit on that, assuming that is a Punch or Enterprise Pubco...if its a diff pub co the wholesale price of beer may well be much lower, so they will actually be making a substantial profit at that retail price...

if we sold Stella (which we dont) it would retail at £2.80 a pint at the Dove I think, dont have the price lists to hand....

There will be a profit on that, assuming that is a Punch or Enterprise Pubco...if its a diff pub co the wholesale price of beer may well be much lower, so they will actually be making a substantial profit at that retail price...

if we sold Stella (which we dont) it would retail at £2.80 a pint at the Dove I think, dont have the price lists to hand....

That s quite possibly true, I've not been in the game now for a while but I know when I was we do not make much of a profit on Stella because we would have had to charge around £3.00 a pint. We knew the customers would not pay. When you add all of it in with the price of utilities ect it blows everything out of the water!

Our local in my opinion is quite exspensive with carling being 2.92 per pint and stella at 3.15. with most of the beers being around the 2.60/ 2.80 price range.

Thats fairly expensive but there are a lot worse. Beer above £2.60 is not good, and Carling should really be around £2.80....

Archived