Is crossing the road on the red man with kids anti social ?l

I walk past a school on the way into work and I regularly see people crossing the road, right over the pedestrian crossing, on the "red man" in the presence of kids. In fact I often see the parents themselves, actually holding their kids hands, and leading them over the crossing whilst the red man is showing !

How are kids going to be taught to stay safe on the roads when adults (even their own parents ! ) are setting them such a bad example.

I must confess I never really thought about it until my brother`s little lad got knocked down by a car, but now I only ever cross on the green man if there are any kids about. Surely we should all do the same, especially the parents !

I reckon if you are with children you should wait for the green man to set an example on road safety but most of us will admit that if the red man is showing when we're on our own and there's nothing coming, we're going to cross rather than just stand there and wait!

I reckon if you are with children you should wait for the green man to set an example on road safety but most of us will admit that if the red man is showing when we're on our own and there's nothing coming, we're going to cross rather than just stand there and wait!

I cross on the red man if there aren`t any kids about, so long as it`s safe obviuosly !

I walk past a school on the way into work and I regularly see people crossing the road, right over the pedestrian crossing, on the "red man" in the presence of kids. In fact I often see the parents themselves, actually holding their kids hands, and leading them over the crossing whilst the red man is showing !

How are kids going to be taught to stay safe on the roads when adults (even their own parents ! ) are setting them such a bad example.

I must confess I never really thought about it until my brother`s little lad got knocked down by a car, but now I only ever cross on the green man if there are any kids about. Surely we should all do the same, especially the parents !

Out of interest, how would you define anti-social?

Archived