Recommendation for Sunday lunch

Sully

Hi

I'm looking for a recommendation for somewhere good for Sunday lunch, carvery type would be good but also a place that is baby friendly and has some outside place for kids to play.

Many thanks

Sully's mum

Originally posted by Sully

Hi

I'm looking for a recommendation for somewhere good for Sunday lunch, carvery type would be good but also a place that is baby friendly and has some outside place for kids to play.

Many thanks

Sully's mum

try the crosspolls, i think thats what its called... its just before you leave sheffield for snake pass, i will try find the exact address..

got a lovely big garden and great food:thumbsup:

Crosspool Tavern, Cross Pool

468 Manchester Road, Cross Pool, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 5DT

You have got to visit 'The Monkey' !!

Baggerwood Rd, Thurgoland, Sheffield, S35 7AX

Telephone : 0114-288 3594

Lovely safe beer garden for kids...Fantastic Carvery Lunches !!

The last of the summerwine filmed there to so a little bit of history too....worth the drive out as superb views too!!

The guy has a huge collection of 'monkeys'....cuddly toys, figures, anything monkey shaped...lol!!

So exceptional pub for kids!!

:clap:

Waggon and Horses on Abbeydale Road South. They dont do a carvery as such but their Sunday dinners are hand carved and all vegetables are prepared from fresh unlike some chain pubs where meals are "boil in a bag". As for family friendly, they allow children in and the pub backs onto millhouses park so there is plenty for the kids to do!

Originally posted by Shiesh

You have got to visit 'The Monkey' !!

Baggerwood Rd, Thurgoland, Sheffield, S35 7AX

Telephone : 0114-288 3594

Lovely safe beer garden for kids...Fantastic Carvery Lunches !!

The last of the summerwine filmed there to so a little bit of history too....worth the drive out as superb views too!!

The guy has a huge collection of 'monkeys'....cuddly toys, figures, anything monkey shaped...lol!!

So exceptional pub for kids!!

:clap:

Totally agree, But you will be better off Booking :thumbsup:

The Crosspool Tavern is very close to me, I used in regularly. But after the refurb I have never been satisfied and am currently trying to get some money back for a cold meal.

Open the bbc south yorkshire website and go to Greedy Cow. It gives ratings for loads of local eating places.

Archived