Spooky stories in sheffield

kirstyhobson

Sorry if the directions appear vague. The road might be called Seven Mile Rd, it is one of the back roads that gets you to Bawtry/Tickhill/Sth Doncaster, from Sth Sheffield, and it leads out onto the Chesterfield Rd (phew)

Well, when I lived in Rossington, we had a drink in Sheffield before leaving back home via this road (myself and a girlfriend at that time)...she was driving her mini and we drove down the foot of a hill on this road, and we 'thought' we saw something.

We turned around at the T junction about a 1/4 mile later, and headed back. Coming out of a field was a white apparition about 6' tall, maybe taller, with a white vapor trail behind, and into the road, and we drove through it.

Notes;

We were sober

Frightened

I took two or three days off work because of this experience.

At the time I regretted being in the car and turning it around...it was almost as if it was a warning.

When I left the area, I went back on business and enquired further, and there were a couple of old ladys in the Pub (Sheffield side), that pointed out they had heard 'stories' of something strange, a few miles down the road. People on night shifts, riding to work had come in looking white as a sheet after hearing things.

So, if you know or relate to this, let me know, as closure is required.

I remember one of the barladys saying 'Gray Lady', and unrecorded ghost

sales@worldpanel.com

my house is haunted

dont really bother me cos they cant hurt you i know this mite sound stupid an d a few of u lot are gonna think im a few apples short of a picnic but as i live alone its nice in a way u can sense somthing there so u dont always feel alone

• 3 weeks later...

There are loads of ghosts in Bunting Nook, Norton. There's a grey lady who appears out of the fog, a big black dog, a carriage that drives down the road suspended in mid air, and a woman is supposed to haunt the old house at the far end. Having said that I've walked down there loads of times on my own at night and I've never seen anything (didn't stop me from being terrified though!).

Originally posted by Tombob

Hey Golden fleece,

Where abouts at fullwood is all these happenings. like the old mansion etc. I used to live at sandygate and interested in local stories.

Thanks

Tom

Ghost sightings were at the bottom of Hallam School playing field, the lower one which runs down the footpath at the top of that cul de sac, forget the road. Also, the top of the passage that runs up from the petrol station at Nethergreen to Clarendon Rd, Fulwood. And also around the road known as THE RIDGE.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I'm new to this Sheff forum, but have been browsing through your messages........interesting and fun!!. I love the ghost stories, and Jon, if you read this and are wanting any volunteers for your all night haunted house visit, i'm there!. My house is haunted, but i have no bad spirits, just Tia Maria...lol!. I'm hoping to find somewhere haunted in Sheffield to spend the night.I've stayed over night at the Mill of The Black Monks pub in Barnsley last Samhain (halloween), and it was great, lots of presence, but some not good. But anyway, this was just to say hi really.I will eventually get into the chat room, but at the moment i haven't got the java virtual machine sorted the enables me to chat,i will get that sorted, and will chat to anyone else out there that is also insane.

BB

Destiny

• 1 month later...

golden fleece, your post about the fulwood ghost has really creeped me out. I went to hallam and lived in fulwood and always really hated (and still do hate) that footpath at the bottom of the field. It comes out at the and of my road and even my dogs refuse to venture down after dusk, that may be because of the drunk 13 year olds though! Even so, it is really creepy cos I know I've felt things in all the areas you mentioned, the tree at the top of the ridge always used to worry me. I always crossed over or ran under it if I was walking there. Thanks for letting people know though-you really were really committed to finding out about it, I would have been deterred by an evil spectre!

Originally posted by Funky Dave

There are loads of ghosts in Bunting Nook, Norton. There's a grey lady who appears out of the fog, a big black dog, a carriage that drives down the road suspended in mid air, and a woman is supposed to haunt the old house at the far end. Having said that I've walked down there loads of times on my own at night and I've never seen anything (didn't stop me from being terrified though!).

I heard a local legend about bunting nook, which was that "no birds are ever heard to sing, along bunting nook".

I have to admit that even in the daytime, it seems really dark and spooky-feeling along that road. and I confess, I cannot recall ever having heard birdsong on that strip of road.

Mr PT claims to have seen ghosts, some years ago; one in Heeley, by the summit of the hill near the salvation army chapel, an elderly lady (I cannot remember the details as he told it, just the location ) he still gets the hairs standing up on his neck and arms when he relates the tale.

He claims, when the stocksbridge bypass (Notorious for paranormal activity) was newly built, he was travelling along it, one night.. (If I remember his telling corectly) he saw a chap in old-fashioned clothes, dressed in knee-breeches, and an old fashioned shirt, with braces walking along the road. the wierd thing was, the bloke didn't appear to have any feet...

(or at least seemed to have nothing, from just below his knees down... and Mr PT had his full headlight beams on, so the chap would have been well-illuminated, and very visible)

as Mr PT passed this chap, he looked in his rear-view mirror, to see if he was okay (Mr PT was concerned for the chap's safety, as this geezer was walking along the edge of the bypass roadway) but, the chap had vanished! There was no sign of him, at all.

totally spooky!

PT

Archived