Support for 'Mandela Day'

Mandella has done alot for SA and human rights , I think we should remember him, we also need to remember none of us a perfect and make mistakes in life , This man should receive recognition for the good things he has done
he was charged with 193 counts of terrorism ,hardly a mistake in life is it ?

Terrorist? Are you for real? Apartheid was the most evil regime since the Nazis and Mandela headed the freedom fighters trying to end it.

LMAO!!!!!!

If you say so.

Hes a murdering scumbag who supports another murdering scumbag and if i had my way hed not get a day to celebrate him. Hed get a bullet in his head.

This man should receive recognition for the good things he has done

And they are, exactly?

This man is a self anointed saint, rather like Obama really.

Apart from serving life in prison, Mandela has done bugger all for South Africa.

It's riddled with Aids, corruption and poverty.

Nice one Nelson :thumbsup:

And they are, exactly?

This man is a self anointed saint, rather like Obama really.

Apart from serving life in prison, Mandela has done bugger all for South Africa.

It's riddled with Aids, corruption and poverty.

Nice one Nelson :thumbsup:

Nahhh, all those things are the fault of us in the west.

Didnt you know?

Is that when the BBC paid for technicians, cameramen, producers, directors and various other tv people to film the ground force team making over his garden in South Africa at tv license fee payers expense?

That's the one.

Terrorist? Are you for real? Apartheid was the most evil regime since the Nazis and Mandela headed the freedom fighters trying to end it.

Not so, there have been many evil Left-Wing regimes since the Nazis and, as the saying goes, "one man's "freedom fighter" is another man's terrorist".

Mandela was convicted of plotting to blow-up innocent people - he should have been hanged.

Honouring a terrorist like Mandela, has the world gone mad? As with all terrorist, he was fighting for personal power.

he was charged with 193 counts of terrorism ,hardly a mistake in life is it ?

I wouldn't call it a mistake, I would call it the decision of a kangaroo court.

He came to his decision to move on to guerilla warfare reluctantly based on a realistic assessment of the situation. 50 years of peaceful demonstrations had been met with more and more violent repression. When you and your people are attacked with violence, like at Sharpeville where a peaceful protest was fired upon killing 69 people, including 8 women and 10 children, and over 180 injured, including 31 women and 19 children, you end up saying enough is enough. You can only turn the other cheek for so long before retaliating.

I would like to think, I would have done the same in his situation.

Here is his statement in the trial:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/apr/23/nelsonmandela

He is a true hero and someone that through his consistent conduct and campaigning for unity, that ultimately came to fruition at the ground breaking truth and reconciliation commission should be an inspiration to us all.

I wouldn't call it a mistake, I would call it the decision of a kangaroo court.

He came to his decision to move on to guerilla warfare reluctantly based on a realistic assessment of the situation. 50 years of peaceful demonstrations had been met with more and more violent repression. When you and your people are attacked with violence, like at Sharpeville where a peaceful protest was fired upon killing 69 people, including 8 women and 10 children, and over 180 injured, including 31 women and 19 children, you end up saying enough is enough. You can only turn the other cheek for so long before retaliating.

I would like to think, I would have done the same in his situation.

Here is his statement in the trial:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/apr/23/nelsonmandela

He is a true hero and someone that through his consistent conduct and campaigning for unity, that ultimately came to fruition at the ground breaking truth and reconciliation commission should be an inspiration to us all.

I bet you say the same about Al queda and mr bin laden.

I bet you say the same about Al queda and mr bin laden.

:rolleyes:

What a stupid bet to make, there is no comparison.

Mandela fought for democracy, using minimum force.

Al Qaeda are fighting (at least in part) against democracy using maximum force.

Archived