Big brown and white mixing bowls

The ones in my family weren't like that, hills. That one looks as though it really means business :D

I immediately thought of these, http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/Products/Mason-Cash/mixing-bowls-1GB.asp . Very expensive these days though, no wonder they become family heirlooms!

we have several of those. bought locally, i think.

I also used to make a meat and tater pie in the pancheon,I had too to feed six kids and me and my husband.

I was taking it out of the oven one day when the neighbour walked in What the heck is that he said,only the language was a bit more colourful than heck.:hihi::hihi:

I remember regularly asking my mum,"Mam, can I lick panshin out when wer've finished wi' it .... pleeeeaaazzzz!!!!?"

Always ended up with a lump on my forehead through trying to lick every last morsel from the very bottom.:loopy:

Saved on washing up though.:thumbsup:

Hi Hillsboro.

My mother also had one we called it a pansion. Still have one in the gararge used to keep it in the celler in Sheffield.

Len F.

We had one as well - big as a dustbin lid. Pansion is the correct spelling too, but everyone pronounced it 'panshen'.

Archived