Rock and Metal in Sheffield (and worldwide!)

subtleknife

can you tell me the names of those rock pubs in Nottingham again? Not the Salutation, the other 2 mentioned......want to check them out soon and not too familiar with Nottingham City centre.....

Apart from the Salutation, below is where I tend to drink in Notts.

Old Angel Inn - metal and punk.

Pit & Pendulum - can be ok but is part of the eerie chain and a bit fake (and pricy).

Seven - a bit out of town but worthwhile, only if they have a metal night on though otherwise it could be dire. Check their website at http://www.sevenlive.co.uk/. First Saturday of the month is Wildside glam night, which is fun.

Speak Easy - a bit studenty but can rock and worth a visit.

Tap 'n' Tumbler - mainly older rock.

Foremans - tiny punk bar.

There is also a good metal night on the first Thursday of every month at the Rig (Rock City) called Damage Inc. Of course Rock City does the usual Saturday rock night although I’m now forced to spend my time in the Rig as I have no clue what the music upstairs is any more, it’s not rock to my (admittedly old) ears.

Let me know if you need more details / addresses.

Unfortunately I think Nottingham has taken its eye of the ball recently in terms of decent rock nightlife. Which is why I go to Berlin whenever I can (and now Sheffield!) but a good night can still be had.

As it happens, I DJ once a fortnight at the Casbah. I'm DJing tomorrow night. It opens at 10 and closes at 3am. I play a mix of rock and metal, trying to keep it varied. Everything from AC/DC, Gn'R, Motley Crue and Poison to Municipal Waste, Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. By all means, pop along. It's free before 11, but doesn't normally pick up until about midnight! Good night though most fortnights.

As it happens, I DJ once a fortnight at the Casbah. I'm DJing tomorrow night. It opens at 10 and closes at 3am. I play a mix of rock and metal, trying to keep it varied. Everything from AC/DC, Gn'R, Motley Crue and Poison to Municipal Waste, Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. By all means, pop along. It's free before 11, but doesn't normally pick up until about midnight! Good night though most fortnights.

Now that sounds like my kind of night! :D

I just hope that 4 September is one of your nights.

Pit & Pendulum - can be ok but is part of the eerie chain and a bit fake (and pricy).

Seven - a bit out of town but worthwhile, only if they have a metal night on though otherwise it could be dire. Check their website at http://www.sevenlive.co.uk/. First Saturday of the month is Wildside glam night, which is fun.

Plenty of choice for sure.....If you were to recommend me a pub crawl route (not sure where any of these are exactly although I have been to the Angel and Salutation before)), which would be the best and logistically sensible way of doing as many of these as possible in one evening? And which are open latest?

• 2 months later...

Doing an all day session tomorrow before the Buckcherry gig at Rock City....really looking forward to it......

Archived