Friendly people

Just come back from a hol on the mull in scotland, what a fab place to visit! friendly people, no crime , no stress. When you go in a pub people smile and say hello even though they dont know you! people stop to let you pass without giving you verbal. I WAS IMPRESSED AND IT MADE ME SAD to think that sheffield and surrounding areas are now like they are.I was screamed at in crystal parks car park by a very aggresive idiot with two little kiddies the other week. the problem? he was that close to my bumper he nearly hit my car, when i tried to talk to him he just went mad for no reason, pity we cant smile at each other more without thinking its got to be sarcastic.

The Scots are certainly friendly folk, but it's fair to say that after travelling the world and visiting dozens of countries I have almost always found friendly people. I think if you are friendly towards people they will usually respond in the same way. Some nations stand out though - in my case the friendliest people I have found were in New Zealand and San Francisco. The Russians are friendly once you have "broken the ice" but they are a bit like the English - not very "open" (unlike the Americans, who will often treat you like an old buddy within 5 minutes!)

So I try to forget the grumpy bus driver in Las Vegas and the Little Hitler I met at a Budapest railway station, and remember the New Zealand couple who gave us a night's B & B when we missed the last bus to Auckland, and yes, the wonderful Landlady on the Isle of Skye who made breakfasts to die for and whose life-history was so fascinating!.:)

Iagree that most people are friendly , just the minority that are rude, or aggresive. my favourite people are ibicians. Every time we go to ibiza we meet even more friendly local folk and over the years a lot of them have become friends of ours.

Archived