Ladies please don't miss your Cervical Smear.

I think that they tend to be extra cautious if there are signs of HPV, as mild abnormalities can occur because of hormonal changes, for example. As Medusa said, not all women with HPV will have cervical abnormalities, but HPV is present in over 90% of cervical cancers. Even at the borderline stage with HPV, the cells can revert back to normal and frequently the biopsy itself removes the abnormal ones.

Good luck.

Thank you. Reading the replies from yourself and others has really put my mind at rest.

Thanks again :)

Thank you. Reading the replies from yourself and others has really put my mind at rest.

Thanks again :)

No worries. I know plenty of women who've had severe abnormalities, had laser treatment, have had no further abnormalities and gone onto have children with no problems.

Ermmm I put this on a different thread .. thank heavens I know Lee would be piddling herself laughing at me for this ..

but ...

Take a look at the picture of the girl on this facebook page ... See that smile? Well, she always had that begger on her face ..

This picture was taken just 3 months before she died.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=173612247976&ref=ts

I can't see anything on that link.

Good luck to all who are going through abnormal results, caught early through a smear you will be fine :)

say what you want about jade goody but it's thanks to her campaigns that awareness is now so high :) RIP jade and everyone else who has lost their lives to this xxxx

• 1 month later...

Hi,

just to let you all know that I went to my apointment at Jessops today. The results of the Colposcopy showed that although I do have cell changes, luckily they are not pre cancerous. I'm so relieved and so happy. Thank you for all your advice everyone.

x

Hi,

just to let you all know that I went to my apointment at Jessops today. The results of the Colposcopy showed that although I do have cell changes, luckily they are not pre cancerous. I'm so relieved and so happy. Thank you for all your advice everyone.

x

That's brilliant news, you must be so relieved.:thumbsup: Are they just going to monitor you for the time being?

Hi,

x

I'm so glad to hear that you're fine :)

I know so many women who have been treated for cell changes picked up on smears, and they are so grateful that they now have a clean bill of health from the bods who check the slides.

That's brilliant news, you must be so relieved.:thumbsup: Are they just going to monitor you for the time being?

Definitely relieved :) No, not even that. He said they are just going to discharge me back to my GP and will have a smear as normal in 3 years :D

I'm so glad to hear that you're fine :)

I know so many women who have been treated for cell changes picked up on smears, and they are so grateful that they now have a clean bill of health from the bods who check the slides.

Thanks Medusa. The experience wasn't pleasant, it didn't hurt, it was the embarrassment. However, the consultant was lovely and when he said everything was normal I was so happy, I don't know how I held back the tears. Nearly 2 months of worry gone :)

I chose not to watch the procedure on the TV screen :gag:

I haven't missed a smear but a few months ago I found a smal lump. Eventually I went to see one of the practice nurses who referred me to a GP who has in turn referred me to the hospital. I've got an appointment for 4th August. I've not told any family or friends about it because I don't see the point in anyone else worrying when it could be nothing at all. But i've got to admit i'm really quite frightened.

I haven't missed a smear but a few months ago I found a smal lump. Eventually I went to see one of the practice nurses who referred me to a GP who has in turn referred me to the hospital. I've got an appointment for 4th August. I've not told any family or friends about it because I don't see the point in anyone else worrying when it could be nothing at all. But i've got to admit i'm really quite frightened.

Its going to be a tough waiting game, Bonny. I know you'll be anxious. But at least you've taken the right step to do something about it. Good luck with it.

And glad to hear Natalie H that things turned out well for you.

Archived