Blades Fans Or Anyone Else- Millennium Stadium Seating

Dear Blades (or anyone else thats been)

I am off to watch Wednesday at the millennium stadium in Cardiff. I am wanting to know from those that have been if it is better to get a ticket for the bottom tier or the top tier??. The middle tier will most probably be sold out by the time i que on Sunday!

Any help would be much appreciated to a fellow Sheffielder!!!

Cheers

Regards

ZED

Originally posted by ZEDEX48K

Dear Blades (or anyone else thats been)

I am off to watch Wednesday at the millennium stadium in Cardiff. I am wanting to know from those that have been if it is better to get a ticket for the bottom tier or the top tier??. The middle tier will most probably be sold out by the time i que on Sunday!

Any help would be much appreciated to a fellow Sheffielder!!!

Cheers

Regards

ZED

well the top tier is extremely steep....so the seats are okish...

I was just wondering whether the top tier is to far from the action and you feel a bit left out as I experienced when i sat near the back of old traffords north stand for an england game.

Or the bottom tier you dont get a good view of the game e.t.c.

Any more people thats been and their views?...

Much appreciated

Zed

imo the best seats are on that big kop type thing at one end but i dont no if wednesday are there. i sat on the third tier and tbh the tickets wernt the best value for money, lower down would have been better.

Originally posted by blademan

imo the best seats are on that big kop type thing at one end but i dont no if wednesday are there. i sat on the third tier and tbh the tickets wernt the best value for money, lower down would have been better.

I think you mean the bit at one end where its 2 tier?? if so wednesday have the other end!

so u are saying that bottom tier is better than top tier? they both the same price apart from the first few front rows on the top tier which are more expensive. the middle tier is the most expensive and i guess they would have all been sold out by the time i que on sun

Originally posted by rigsby

I was only there for an hour but wouldn't recommend bottom tier! However on reflection you will probably want to jump off top tier anyway on final whistle!

why was you only there for a hour ?

It is a super stadium. And even in the poorer seats you can see the big screen tv clearly for when the action is away from you. If youve got choice of top or bottom I would choose top. Whatever, you will have a great day out, even when you have lost. Come on Hartlepool!

Oh by the way, don't plan on being home for when the pubs close! We set off straight after game two years ago and got home at just after midnight. Getting out of Cardiff and then the M4 is not fun.

We were in the top corner, near left side as you look at it on the telly.

Three rows from the ROOF!! The view WAS great, (no restricted view at all at Cardiff), but the stand is almost vertical at that height!

The wife, who's asthmatic, found it a bit of a struggle, and I'd keep an eye on any young kids with you too.

If at all possible, do NOT go on a coach. It took us SEVEN hours to get to Cardiff in 2003, with only one stop for refreshments on the way (at Warwick services, which were so overcrowded to be ususable), and almost six hours to get home, which is a LONG time when you've watched your team play like fannies :(

The best idea was to go either by train, or the day before and lodge there, but that will be the pricey option!

Anyway, hope that helps, and come on you Monkey-hangers! :)

Archived