My electric meter wheel still moves even when I switch my electric off!

Sounds like what they are saying is that yours is an 'integrating' meter. Is it a small white box with a digital display by any chance? Ours is an olde-worlde dual-rate analogue meter.

No, it hasn't got a digital display and it's got a wheel, but it was only installed about seven years ago.

They have told me that if you have run something high power in particular, like a washing machine or a tumble dryer, after turning the electric off at the mains, the wheel will continue to move for upto 30 minutes as the meter has a memory of the electricity used.

My wheel does stop after that time.

No, it hasn't got a digital display and it's got a wheel, but it was only installed about seven years ago.

They have told me that if you have run something high power in particular, like a washing machine or a tumble dryer, after turning the electric off at the mains, the wheel will continue to move for upto 30 minutes as the meter has a memory of the electricity used.

Crikey, mine stops very quickly! Perhaps the bearings have gone and I'm underpaying! :) I like my meter!

i am glad that you have manged to get it sorted out and it stops after a time.

Funny, I couldn't have cared less. I really can't believe people would worry about losing five pence a day! :|

I bet the elecric company's will love you,

5p a day equates to over £200 over 11 years in my property!

I bet the elecric company's will love you,

5p a day equates to over £200 over 11 years in my property!

£200 in 11 years ?? get a life you tight wad !!! I have probably lost more than that down the back of birds sofas you numpty.... :loopy::loopy:

£200 in 11 years ?? get a life you tight wad !!! I have probably lost more than that down the back of birds sofas you numpty.... :loopy::loopy:

On the other hand.. if all 20 million homes in the UK lost 5p down the back of your sofa everyday, you'd have a tidy sum.. :)

Granted you'd have to own an enormous sofa to house a million quids worth of 5ps per day :hihi:

It might be £200 over 11 years, but what has your standing charges come to over that time? I'd hazard a bet it would be quite significantly more than £200, and that money isn't spent on providing you with electricity either.

It might be £200 over 11 years, but what has your standing charges come to over that time? I'd hazard a bet it would be quite significantly more than £200, and that money isn't spent on providing you with electricity either.

I don't pay a standing charge!

Sounds like you've got an electrical leak there Joe! Or maybe even a trickle (feed)

I'd recommend fitting new washers to all sockets. £619 from all electrical retailers or convenient yearly payments of £60 over eleven years :banana::clap: