Silversmiths Restaurant

Jodz90

Has anyone had any problems in booking a table at Silversmiths? My fiance tried to book in February, left a few answerphone messages, but no one got back to him. I have again tried to book for this weekend, but cannot seem to get a reply?

Jodie

It certainly seems their "customer service" was better before! Wonder what Gordon Ramsay would have to say!

I watched that Ramsey show about this place and thought they went the wrong route...should have stuck with the live music venue and ditched the food and made it more late bar orientated.....

Guest makapaka

Funny place Silversmiths.

On the face it looks great. Nice from outside and quite cool inside.

However its been open for ages but runs like its the opening night, appearing really unorganised.

A group of us went a bit back, food was ok (but nothing to write home about) although;

1. The menu on the window outside was different to the one you got when you sat down. Stuff missing etc.

2.Half the group got their meal about 10 mins after the other half.

3. Even though we asked loads of times it took 45 mins to get our bill. The only reason we got was that someone was off sick. How hard can it be!!

It wasn't an awful experience or anything, just makes you wish they'd get the easy bits right and it would be a good place to go.

I went on Tuesday for 'Pie Night' for the first time. I understand that the whole point was that it was meant to be 'simple food' but it was a bit disappointing that the ONLY option for a starter was Yorkshire pud and gravy. Pie itself was good, but again no dessert option (only coffee and chocolates for £3 extra!) We were sitting finishing our wine and chatting and the waiter kept hassling us to pay our bill and finally walked over with the card machine and stood next to the table until we got our wallets out!! At this point it was 10pm, no one else was waiting for a table, and if they had not been so rude we might well have ordered more drinks and they could have made more money from us! As it was, we paid up and left. No tip. As someone said above, service shocking and certainly below Gordon's standards! I might go again but not on Pie Night as I don't feel it was good value for money in the end.

I watched that Ramsey show about this place and thought they went the wrong route...should have stuck with the live music venue and ditched the food and made it more late bar orientated.....
Is this on the net anywhere, would love to see it...

Archived