So who is the worst Prime Minister ever?

Who is Britains worst recent Prime Minister  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Britains worst recent Prime Minister

• Gordon Brown
    • Tony Blair
    • John Major
    • Margaret Thatcher
    • James Callaghan
    • Harold Wilson
    • Edward Heath
    • Sir Alec Douglas-Home
    • Harold Macmillan
    • Sir Anthony Eden
    • Sir Winston Churchill
    • Clement Attlee

It's not the fault of Gordon Brown that there was a world banking crisis, it stemmed from America, and ok we have a national deficit but, that's the price the public have to pay if we want the best healthcare ect, because unfortunetly everything we want isn't free. He'd be damned if he cut services and damned if he didn't. We need to stop making scapegoats in my opinion.

It isn't entirely Gordon Brown's fault that we have a world banking crisis. It is however his fault that Britain was ill prepared for it. He ripped off the pension funds and encouraged a life of false affluence based on personal borrowing and massive government spending that no one could afford. As a result Britain was the worst prepared nation in the G20, despite Brown telling us we were the best prepared. That is the reason why Europe, America, Japan, Australia, China, India, Korea, and almost everyone is enjoying economic growth again whilst the UK isn't.

Going back to you point about it not being Gordon Brown's fault that there is a world banking crisis... In 1997 Brown handed over regulation of British banks to an unaccountable FSA that he established. The FAS failed to regulate Equitable Life. It failed to regulate Northern Rock, and it failed to regulate the banks. Hence the banking crisis in the UK.

Brown is a libility to this country. He claimed prudence whilst milking our economy with stealth taxes. His legacy to this country will be of an unelected idiot who's actions will have to be paid for by generations to come.

It's not the fault of Gordon Brown that there was a world banking crisis, it stemmed from America, and ok we have a national deficit but, that's the price the public have to pay if we want the best healthcare ect, because unfortunetly everything we want isn't free. He'd be damned if he cut services and damned if he didn't. We need to stop making scapegoats in my opinion.

Whos' been in charge of the purse strings for the past 12 years? By the way, he was only too happy to take the praise when he thought things were going well...or wasn't that his doing either?

I'd love to know the criteria you are using for this argument!

Oh just old fashioned values like ability to do the job, honesty, trustworthiness, competence. Whether you liked Maggie or not, she was always honest about her policies and wasn't afraid to do the right thing even if it might prove unpopular.

The above values were the sort of things we used to expect of our leaders until Labour dragged us down into the gutter with their illegal wars, lies about the economy and expenses claims.

don't believe our maggie worse than tony blair......look at all the things she gave the working class....the right to have their own council house at a knocked down price...now loads of pensioners are living rent free....she won her war...and went she got into power in 79 we had our bins emptied straight away...

don't believe our maggie worse than tony blair......look at all the things she gave the working class....the right to have their own council house at a knocked down price...now loads of pensioners are living rent free....she won her war...and went she got into power in 79 we had our bins emptied straight away...

and the right to have a job?????

I think Thatcher was the worst thing to ever happen to this country.

I see Brown is just ahead of the cow in this poll, in ten years town in any such poll, that is only I think, because he is the current PM.

In 10 yrs time in a similar poll Brown will be well down the list but Thatcher will still top it because she was the woman who broke the country and will never be forgotten.

and the right to have a job?????

I think Thatcher was the worst thing to ever happen to this country.

I see Brown is just ahead of the cow in this poll, in ten years town in any such poll, that is only I think, because he is the current PM.

In 10 yrs time in a similar poll Brown will be well down the list but Thatcher will still top it because she was the woman who broke the country and will never be forgotten.

too right she'll never be forgotten....she gave people the chance to move out of the stinking pits and steelworks...did them both and hated it....she broke the country don't think so...stinking blair/brown did that....

too right she'll never be forgotten....she gave people the chance to move out of the stinking pits and steelworks...did them both and hated it....she broke the country don't think so...stinking blair/brown did that....

'gave pople the chance' - not exactly she closed 'em all down. not much choice involved! You may have hated it, many thousands didn't.

Archived