So who is the worst Prime Minister ever?

Who is Britains worst recent Prime Minister  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Britains worst recent Prime Minister

• Gordon Brown
    • Tony Blair
    • John Major
    • Margaret Thatcher
    • James Callaghan
    • Harold Wilson
    • Edward Heath
    • Sir Alec Douglas-Home
    • Harold Macmillan
    • Sir Anthony Eden
    • Sir Winston Churchill
    • Clement Attlee

Whats happened to the steel industry is very bad but we cannot compete with CHINA. We in the west demand cheaper consumer products so something has to give. It isn't Maggies fault.

Thats true it wasnt all her fault , she had a lot of help Joseph and McGregor to name two

If everything she ever did was so wrong, why haven't New Labour ever found time to reverse any of these evil things? They had time to create numerous other new laws.
in my opinion labour have just carried on from where the tories left off. they dont want the unions to have the power back in case of industrial action and strikes so they got the workers where they want them .plus the fact that employers can seek workers from overseas paying them minuim wage throwing the workers to the scrap heap, and the unions not being able to do a thing .yea good old maggie :thumbsup: (remember these are my opinions everyone to their own)

Whats happened to the steel industry is very bad but we cannot compete with CHINA. We in the west demand cheaper consumer products so something has to give. It isn't Maggies fault.

We make more steel now than we did before the strikes and closures, with a tenth of the workforce.

The more we learn about Blair the more concerned I am that in this day and age we can be taken to war by a self serving religious zealot. Who thinks he is carrying out the will of god.

no we in the west buy cheaper because of our own stupidy then we wonder why jobs are been lost to competition from overseas .its happening now in the construction industry why pay a british plumber say £20 pound an hour when you can get a (foreign) plumber for £10 you make your mind up

We make more steel now than we did before the strikes and closures, with a tenth of the workforce.

The more we learn about Blair the more concerned I am that in this day and age we can be taken to war by a self serving religious zealot. Who thinks he is carrying out the will of god.

I thought Production of steel in the UK dropped 40% in 2009 and Im sure I read that even Spain produces more steel than we do and have done so for 20 years

Knowing me I'm wrong but I would be interested to see the total produced each year say 69 to 09

I thought Production of steel in the UK dropped 40% in 2009 and Im sure I read that even Spain produces more steel than we do and have done so for 20 years

Knowing me I'm wrong but I would be interested to see the total produced each year say 69 to 09

One thing is for sure. If it hadn't been for the de-manning of the UK steel industry in the 1980s, by now our industry would be so uncompetitive we wouldn't be making any steel at all.

Whilst tempted to vote for Thatcher or Heath as the worst post war prime minister, I have actually voted for Alex Douglas Home.

He wasn't prime minister for long (thank goodness), but the undemocratic method by which he became prime minister, and the farcical Perth by-election which allowed him to become an MP after he'd become the PM, plus his landed gentry background made him entirely unsuitable to be the PM. And so his brief premiership proved!

Blair is the worst ever. Brown is just a useless buffoon. It was Blair that made him Chancellor and kept him in the job for 10 years whilst they bankrupted the country.

I seem to remember economic stability under Blair

The worst thing he did was continue to be Americas pet toy poodle and invade Iraq which is costing the tax payer a fortune. Just when we'd paid our debt back to America for the WW2.

But then again would petrol prices be even high if we wasn't in the East?

Whilst tempted to vote for Thatcher or Heath as the worst post war prime minister, I have actually voted for Alex Douglas Home.

He wasn't prime minister for long (thank goodness), but the undemocratic method by which he became prime minister, and the farcical Perth by-election which allowed him to become an MP after he'd become the PM, plus his landed gentry background made him entirely unsuitable to be the PM. And so his brief premiership proved!

"undemocratic" and not being PM "for long" sounds very like the current PM! I voted Thatcher...

Most useless and inept: Gordon Brown - by a country mile.

Most devious, duplicitous and self-serving: The weasel and war criminal Blair - by a country mile.

Most treacherous:Blair Heath for selling us out to the Franco-German Alliance.

Archived