So who is the worst Prime Minister ever?

Who is Britains worst recent Prime Minister  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Britains worst recent Prime Minister

• Gordon Brown
    • Tony Blair
    • John Major
    • Margaret Thatcher
    • James Callaghan
    • Harold Wilson
    • Edward Heath
    • Sir Alec Douglas-Home
    • Harold Macmillan
    • Sir Anthony Eden
    • Sir Winston Churchill
    • Clement Attlee

i was a miner before the strike but still hate thatcher .but she had more spine and more guts than the whole of the labour

Did it not take 'spine and guts' for Blair to face down the left of his party when seeking power (which was most of the membership) and then once in power lie the country into a deeply unpopular war?

Did it not take 'spine and guts' for Blair to face down the left of his party when seeking power (which was most of the membership) and then once in power lie the country into a deeply unpopular war?

Blair is the worst ever. Brown is just a useless buffoon. It was Blair that made him Chancellor and kept him in the job for 10 years whilst they bankrupted the country.

I read that when Mrs T first went to Chequers and found out that it cost £5k a year to keep the pool heated, she had the boiler switched off. Now whatever people think of her politics, she at least showed some restraint in spending taxpayers' money on herself! Makes you wonder about some of our current lot (across all parties) and their ethics where money is concerned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1176593/Chequers-house-Mum-fell-love--The-Iron-Lady-30-years-Carol-Thatcher.html

I can't decide who was the worst PM - spoilt for choice!

It is quite astonishing to see the voting on this poll. Sheffield is Labour heartland. It returns Labour Mps election after election.

Sheffield has no Conservative MPs. It has no Conservative councillors, and many still bear a grudge against Thatcher for the miners strike.

If Gordon Brown is more loathed in a place like Sheffield than Maggie it does not speak well of his leadership. I personally think he is the most incompetent idiot ever to set foot in Downing Street, and the sooner he is given the bum's rush the better.

Archived