So who is the worst Prime Minister ever?

Who is Britains worst recent Prime Minister  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Britains worst recent Prime Minister

• Gordon Brown
    • Tony Blair
    • John Major
    • Margaret Thatcher
    • James Callaghan
    • Harold Wilson
    • Edward Heath
    • Sir Alec Douglas-Home
    • Harold Macmillan
    • Sir Anthony Eden
    • Sir Winston Churchill
    • Clement Attlee

Harold Wilson had the foresight not to get us embroiled in a doomed war in South East Asia, he saved thousands of my fathers generation from dying in paddy fields and jungles because of someone else's incomprehension, confusion and paranoia. I don't think he's been our worst Prime Minister.

He didn't get involved because he was a communist. Britain really took a dive during his years in office. Everything went to pot. steel, auto manufacturing, ship building. His legacy was that the UK became known as the sick man of Europe.

Maybe you should read my post again.

I never said that the 25 de Mayo was present when the Belgrano was attacked, it was on the other flank of the pincer movement in the attack.

I'm getting my facts from an Argentinian Admiral Enrique Molina Pic, he is quoted as saying: "that the Belgrano was part of an operation that posed a real threat to the British task force, that it was holding off for tactical reasons, and that being outside of the exclusion zone was unimportant as it was a warship on tactical mission."

Here is a map of the action.

You should also read up what an exclusion zone means in a conflict zone, it is accepted as meaning an area that neutral shipping should avoid. The Argentineans themselves considered the whole of the South Atlantic as a war zone.

Anyway apart from showing your ignorance on the subject, none of it helps your argument that the UK were the aggressors in the war.

I didnt say that the UK were the aggressors I implied that Thatcher welcomed the war and used it for vote collecting ..dont put words into my mouth

Archived