Pubs in town that are a disgrace

Have to say the Bankers Draft needs a good make over. The last time I had food in that joint the table we sat at looked liked it had being in a projectile vomiting competition! The deep stains I think come from very light wipes every few weeks LOL!

Zion, I think you have misunderstood me; it's not a word I use myself and my attempt to define it was based around the usage of it that I have seen on this thread and elsewhere on SF.

I try not to judge othere on their appearance. I tend to form my opinions of others on what they say and what they do. Calling one's fellow human beings 'scum' because they look different is a pretty poor way of carrying on.

the many intricacies of your language:hihi::hihi:

here i am agreeing with you yet doing it all the wrong way!!

Have to say the Bankers Draft needs a good make over. The last time I had food in that joint the table we sat at looked liked it had being in a projectile vomiting competition! The deep stains I think come from very light wipes every few weeks LOL!

The bankers draft is a wetherspoons chain pub. As such all meals are microwaved except for burgers and steak.

It always will pull a crowd being central and cheap!

I never said that if you happen to drink in Banker's then you're 'scum'. I was specifically referring to those people who hang around outside it; and even then it is not the way they look, but rather the way they act.

I was walking past Banker's once and was physically stopped (grabbed by the arm) by a large, menacing looking bloke who said "Oi, give us a fiver." The fact that it was the middle of the day and there were lots of people around made me confident enough to say 'No' and quickly shake him off.

Spitting, littering, swearing, shouting, and abusing/harassing passers-by are the actions of what I consider 'scum' - and that this is happening in the middle of the city centre, even in the day, is a blight on Sheffield.

I never said that if you happen to drink in Banker's then you're 'scum'. I was specifically referring to those people who hang around outside it; and even then it is not the way they look, but rather the way they act.

I was walking past Banker's once and was physically stopped (grabbed by the arm) by a large, menacing looking bloke who said "Oi, give us a fiver." The fact that it was the middle of the day and there were lots of people around made me confident enough to say 'No' and quickly shake him off.

Spitting, littering, swearing, shouting, and abusing/harassing passers-by are the actions of what I consider 'scum' - and that this is happening in the middle of the city centre, even in the day, is a blight on Sheffield.

Havr to agree. Now wait for the all the people on here who will now point out I take EVERY opportunity to insult the Bankers Draft and many of its patrons

There is a reason for this...we frequently have to look at the ***** standing outside, most of which have been drinking cheap nasty beer all day and can hardly stand, or are intent on harassing and abusing passers by, or happily smoking weed, etc. It's the truth, and any one who says this is just 'sour grapes' or whatever because I own the pub next door, I invite you to spend a day sat outside the back of the BD and make a video...

without question 95% of any incidents that have spilt over or kicked off in the Dove and Rainbow are started by people (and I use that word loosely) who have exited or been thrown out of the BD....this is FACT!!!! It is the new Cannon!!!

Somebody please buy the place and turn in into a decent bar or a restaurant.....I dont care they are cheap, dont get me wrong, it has zero effect on MY niche market trade even if they GIVE their beer away free.......its the people who hang out in there I detest

Havr to agree. Now wait for the all the people on here who will now point out I take EVERY opportunity to insult the Bankers Draft and many of its patrons

There is a reason for this...we frequently have to look at the ***** standing outside, most of which have been drinking cheap nasty beer all day and can hardly stand, or are intent on harassing and abusing passers by, or happily smoking weed, etc. It's the truth, and any one who says this is just 'sour grapes' or whatever because I own the pub next door, I invite you to spend a day sat outside the back of the BD and make a video...

without question 95% of any incidents that have spilt over or kicked off in the Dove and Rainbow are started by people (and I use that word loosely) who have exited or been thrown out of the BD....this is FACT!!!! It is the new Cannon!!!

Somebody please buy the place and turn in into a decent bar or a restaurant.....I dont care they are cheap, dont get me wrong, it has zero effect on MY niche market trade even if they GIVE their beer away free.......its the people who hang out in there I detest

As I was your daytime manager for over 2 years, I beleive that I am in a position to back this up 100% without someone jumping on me saying that I dont know what im talking about...

[/b]

There is a reason for this...we frequently have to look at the ***** standing outside, most of which have been drinking cheap nasty beer all day and can hardly stand, or are intent on harassing and abusing passers by, or happily smoking weed, etc. It's the truth, and any one who says this is just 'sour grapes' or whatever because I own the pub next door, I invite you to spend a day sat outside the back of the BD and make a video...without question 95% of any incidents that have spilt over or kicked off in the Dove and Rainbow are started by people (and I use that word loosely) who have exited or been thrown out of the BD....this is FACT!!!! It is the new Cannon!!!

If thats the case and I dont doubt it for a second why are the police not making sure its not allowed to happen?

[/b]

If thats the case and I dont doubt it for a second why are the police not making sure its not allowed to happen?

The most they ever do is to pour beer that the street drinkers have down the drain.

They also make the BD customers who have beer outside take them back in.

But they do nothing about them smoking weed etc as the "customers" can see the police coming.

Even when they caught someone dealing outside, they couldnt do anything as he had the time to pass it to him mate who wandered off..

The most they ever do is to pour beer that the street drinkers have down the drain.

They also make the BD customers who have beer outside take them back in.

But they do nothing about them smoking weed etc as the "customers" can see the police coming.

Even when they caught someone dealing outside, they couldnt do anything as he had the time to pass it to him mate who wandered off..

Then they need to employ doorstaff and have CCTV.

Archived