Anybody know Kenny Slade?

When I lived in Sheffield, I used to know Drummer and local character Kenny Slade. He was the drummer in Joe Cockers original Grease Band and must be in his late 60s now, maybe older. Just wondering if anyone knew if he's still around and what he's up to. Cheers.

I met him for the first time about 10 years ago. Despite the white hair he was still as strong as an ox and would play drums for beer as long as it was at least 5% beer!.

I'll have to say though the last time I saw him at crookes, he did look a bit more frail, like time was finally catching up with him.

I met him for the first time about 10 years ago. Despite the white hair he was still as strong as an ox and would play drums for beer as long as it was at least 5% beer!.

Yeah 5% beer and 95% vodka!!

• 1 month later...

I knew him on the early 70's when he played in the Frank White band. I remember one night when they let his drum solo go on a bit too long- he kept trying to get them back on stage, finally he threw his sticks up in the air, said"I'M F*****K" and walked off stage!

• 1 year later...
When I lived in Sheffield, I used to know Drummer and local character Kenny Slade. He was the drummer in Joe Cockers original Grease Band and must be in his late 60s now, maybe older. Just wondering if anyone knew if he's still around and what he's up to. Cheers.

I Know Kenny well he lives across the road from me in Walkley I will tell him about this tread .

• 2 weeks later...