Old Sheffield boxer

the one at neepsend was called fred robinson better known as flatnose an he lived at leader rd when he had that yard an then he moved to skegness in 1980.cos i went up in 81 an stayed there till 94 an he died in 95 for he married a woman called val in 88.three months after is wife of 32 yrs.just after the bungalow was built for his first wife madge.he died after the other one drove him to ruin an a mental breakdown it was too much for him to know everything he built was gone for she selt everything while he was in hospital

im sorry love but as i said in my last message he died in 95 not two years since an the there was three brothers who was scaffolders called robinson jim who was the oldest an lived at shiregreen. an jack who lived on arbourthorne i think it was jim that died 2yrs ago an his wife was peggy so we must be related for im freds oldest son through marriage to madge an theres seven more under me

• 2 weeks later...

the man your on about was a boxer in the 20s an 30s called tiny smith he lived 92a bard street flats as i lived at 94 an the family of shaun goodyears 94a an tinys son alan who i used to live with his mother i think on wybourne an used to drink in the wicker with me an my father in the 70s

Archived