Anyone with Brightside Foundry connections?

English Steel Corp had a very large foundry on Carlisle Street which was known as the Brightside Foundry. I worked in the Welding lab at ESC and we had a large compound in one end of the Foundry.

It was an amazing place casting amongst other things tank turrets & bogie frames for railway vehicles. The fettling shop was unbelievably noisy and must have left all the people who worked in it deaf after a short time as no one used ear protection is those days ( early 1960's).

A friend called Barrie Trigg was Sand Foreman there.

• 7 years later...

My grandfather, who passed away in 1967 just before I was borne, was sales director for Brightside and, we've always been told, was instrumental in the design of the distinctive corporate logo. His name was Edwin "Ted" Hallas. I'm wondering if anyone remembers him as some of the dates below would have overlapped with his tenure, he was there throughout the 50's and early 60's. Thanks, Richard

Hi worked at newhall mid 50s electric department till called up for national service at 18

Remember old tractor being replaced with one that when used front wheels

lifted as it was more like a farm tractor,no good for job required.

My grandfather, who passed away in 1967 just before I was borne, was sales director for Brightside and, we've always been told, was instrumental in the design of the distinctive corporate logo. His name was Edwin "Ted" Hallas. I'm wondering if anyone remembers him as some of the dates below would have overlapped with his tenure, he was there throughout the 50's and early 60's. Thanks, Richard
hi just a wondered was his wife called vera would have been nee brown thanks