Aunt sally clarkehouse rd

Hi,

I used to work next door, and went every now and then - it's definitely good value with 2 for 1 offer - usually about £4 for a pretty decent sized meal. There's also quite a lot of choice.

I've never had any problems with the staff either - they've always seemed very friendly when I've eaten there.

The only thing I would say is that the food itself is your typical pub food - nothing too amazing, but not awful either. I'd say it was better a few years back than it is now, but still worth a try and at £4 a meal at least you wont lose out on too much if you have a bad experience ;)

James.

It's probably marginally worse than a decent Wetherspoons.

It's MUCH MUCH worse - not only is the food poor and the portions small, it has no real ale!

For simple, basic and cheap pub food I'd say the Ember Inns are a better bet; that side of Sheffield you've got either the Prince Of Wales on Ecclesall Road, the Sportsman at Crosspool or the Robin Hood at Millhouses.

http://www.emberinns.co.uk/nationalsearch/searchresults/

I was in there once when it was really busy...the chef came out to the front to briefly talk to someone, and the waitress asked for something to do with an order...he lost it and loads of people heard him shout "I DON'T CARE...WELL THEY'LL HAVE TO P***ING WAIT FOR IT THEN WON'T THEY?!"

We sniggered into our food like schoolboys as the tables around us gasped and tutted their disapproval!

I'd avoid the place; been in a couple of times just for a coffee/chat with friends cos it was close/for ease and the place was a dump. It's not helped, of course, by the fact these 2-4-1 pubs just look really tacky anyway. Interestingly, The Hobby Horse in Chesterfield used to be one but has since had a total make-over from the horrendous purple/yellow decour.

I'd recommend going to a Wetherspoons over this place tbh.

Archived