Vegetable Tagine with Orange infused Couscous £8.95

Vegetarian Sausage in Bubble & Squeak £7.95

New fish dish for next few days,

starter- Crayfish Salad w/ sweet chilli Dressing

Grilled sole w/ lemon caper butter served w/ seasonal veg

• 2 weeks later...

Menu for September 2009

Starters

Green Olive, Walnut & Pomegranate Salad.

Dolmades (stuffed vine leaves) with Mint Yoghurt

Baked Field Mushrooms Goats Cheese & Tomato Concasse

Vegetable Frittata with Aioli

Mains

Vegetable Fajitas with Guacamole, Sour Cream, Chedder and Salsa

optional : tiger prawns

Vegetable Moussaka

Wild Mushroom Pasta with Garlic Bread

Homemade Bohemian Veggie Burger with

Salad and Potato Wedge

Indonsian Pumpkin and Spinach Curry with Rice

Re: the meat dish thing.

I've not yet visited Bohemian (I've only just discovered it exists) and I do confess to being something of a carnivore. But I also like to try something new, so I will drop by.

However, I do think you either need to decide whether you're making a point, catering for a niche, running a business or some kind of combination of the three. You're either a vegetarian restaurant and proud - in which case you shouldn't be serving fish and you should be marketing strongly about being Sheffield's only (?) vege restaurant - or you're a restaurant that caters well for vegetarians.

There's nothing wrong with either. The first gives you a major point of difference, and allows you to become well-known for what you do. The second means you go toe to toe with every other joint in town on price and quality. If you think you're good enough, then you should have no problem.

But I think you're perhaps a little in the half way camp.

Re: the meat dish thing.

I've not yet visited Bohemian (I've only just discovered it exists) and I do confess to being something of a carnivore. But I also like to try something new, so I will drop by.

However, I do think you either need to decide whether you're making a point, catering for a niche, running a business or some kind of combination of the three. You're either a vegetarian restaurant and proud - in which case you shouldn't be serving fish and you should be marketing strongly about being Sheffield's only (?) vege restaurant - or you're a restaurant that caters well for vegetarians.

There's nothing wrong with either. The first gives you a major point of difference, and allows you to become well-known for what you do. The second means you go toe to toe with every other joint in town on price and quality. If you think you're good enough, then you should have no problem.

But I think you're perhaps a little in the half way camp.

thanks for your contribution! it is a difficult one and we have been going through series of changes, we first opened as a vegi and vegan at first but than had to put fish on our menu with in the first six months of opening.

i think we are some where in between a vegi and fish place that caters well for vegans.

i do take on your points! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Menu for September 2009

Starters

Green Olive, Walnut & Pomegranate Salad.

Dolmades (stuffed vine leaves) with Mint Yoghurt

Baked Field Mushrooms Goats Cheese & Tomato Concasse

Vegetable Frittata with Aioli

Mains

Vegetable Fajitas with Guacamole, Sour Cream, Chedder and Salsa

optional : tiger prawns

Vegetable Moussaka

Wild Mushroom Pasta with Garlic Bread

Homemade Bohemian Veggie Burger with

Salad and Potato Wedge

Indonsian Pumpkin and Spinach Curry with Rice

no offense but for £8-9 for a main and having to travel out of town that menu doesn't inspire me to try you over restaurants (Although the curry looks tempting)

no offense but for £8-9 for a main and having to travel out of town that menu doesn't inspire me to try you over restaurants (Although the curry looks tempting)

Robbie, it's great! It's going on The list once that goes down a bit... I love it here!

Sad I've not managed to get during September for the dolmades... they are one of my favourites ;-)

Archived