The 'All things Bohemian' thread

BOHEMIAN

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to go out for tea last night and just fancied the Bohemian. As ever the food was fabulous, and the service brill! I had falafel followed by tofu kebabs with cous cous which was delicious. I did donate my cougette to haddock but that's not a slight on how it was cooked-just can't bring myself to put the stuff in my mouth! Haddock had nachos and veggie paella, I don't know what they did to the broccoli but it was gorgeous! Well done, again! No doubt be back around my birthday in a couple of weeks!

improving quality and value for money would be my suggestions. Had a really awful, mushy risotto there that was more expensive than in many top notch restaurants and we have never been back

Dear laura,

Please except my apologise if you risotto was not up to our normal standard,

If by any chance you do come in next time, plz inform me (camran) and I will make sure you are compensated for your disappointment.

However if you do feel that the meal is not up to scratch, then plz inform waiting staff when they return after giving you your meal, as this is our standard procedure after serving you meal.

i.e. "Is every thing ok sir/madam?"

It gives us a chance to rectify anything wrong.

Bless

Bohemian.

The Bohemian Valentine Menu 2010

Starters

Broccoli & Roast Butternut Squash Soup w/ Garlic Croutons (vg)

Spicy Black Bean Tacos on a bed of Green Leaf Salad (cheese optional) (vg /veg)

Mains

Fennel, Chilli & Goats Cheese Risotto (veg)

Artichoke & Green Bean Fettuccine in Peanut & Basil sauce (vg)

Meat & Fish option

Starters

Battered Gambas w/ Mango & Ginger Salsa (f)

Chicken Goujons w/ Garlic & Rosemary dip (m)

Mains

Braised Pollock w/ Cherry Tomato Salsa & Balsamic dressing (f)

Steak Diane or Pizzaiola all served medium (m)

Desserts

Desserts choose from selection of dessert in cake display

• Menu available on Sat 13th or Sun 14th

• Three courses £14.95

• Steak option + £1.50

• Bring your own wine (corkage applies)

• Deposit required

• Bookings necessary to confirm table availability

• Approximate Sittings- 5pm-7pm, 7pm-9pm & 9 pm-11pm

You've decided to go with the meat on your menu then?:(

I hope, really hope, that this is something that you decide doesn't work,i.e. most people continue to eat the veg choices, as your veggieness is the USP that you have and what makes me drive across town to you. A lot of people still don't know about you and that's a shame as you are brilliant but this ruined the Curlew Cafe in Otley which went from being an amazing place to just another cafe.

You've decided to go with the meat on your menu then?:(

I hope, really hope, that this is something that you decide doesn't work,i.e. most people continue to eat the veg choices, as your veggieness is the USP that you have and what makes me drive across town to you. A lot of people still don't know about you and that's a shame as you are brilliant but this ruined the Curlew Cafe in Otley which went from being an amazing place to just another cafe.

dear edna,

Don’t worry!:) We only having an extra meat option, as you may remember we already served fish right from the start. The Bohemian will always be a predominantly veggie and vegan place. So you will always be at the fore front of our mind.

Bless

• 3 weeks later...

hi all! our march menu :)

As our sandwhiches and "otherstuff" does not change we do not post them on here.

March 2010

Starters & Light bites

Soup De Jour (vg)………………………. £3.25

Quiche of the day(veg)……………...£3.25

Chilli Piquitos w/spicy salsa dip (vg)……. £3.25

Spring rolls w/ a sweet chilli dip (vg)……£3.25

Spicy Black Bean Tacos on a bed of Green Leaf Salad (cheese optional) (vg/veg)…………….£3.25

Garlic Mushrooms…..£3.25

Main

Tofu Kebab w/ Quinoa (vg)………………. £7.95

Mixed Bean Burrito (vg)...£7.95

Vegetable Lasagne (vg/veg)………...£7.95

Vegetable Pancakes (vg)………………………. £7.95

Stuffed Peppers (veg/vg)…………………..£7.95

Lentil & Tofu Stew……………………£7.95

Meat & Fish starter options

BBQ chicken wings (m)……………………£3.25

Pan Fried Sardine fillets (f)…………………. £3.25

Mussels………………………………………£4.25

Meat & Fish main options

Chicken Franco…………………………..£8.95

Meat & Potato Pie…………………………£8.95

Cod w/ Leek & Mushroom cream sauce…..£8.95

(Due to a constant demand of a meat option to be on the menu we have taken the decision after much consideration to cater for all those who are looking for a meat option. I hope that every one will understand the necessity due to present climate.)

Archived