The 'All things Bohemian' thread

BOHEMIAN

What's going on there? I just drove past and there's a hoarding all across the front. Are you having a new window put in?

hi every one!! just to let you all know that finely the old Roman Room rest is being repaired after the terrible blaze about 2 years ago.

we are open for business as usual so no worries for folks who want to come down. :)

• 4 weeks later...

hi all!

just posting our April menu.

April 2010

Starters & Light bites

Soup De Jour (vg)………………………. £3.25

Enchilada (veg/vg)……………...£3.25

Dolmades & mint yoghurt sauce (veg)……. £3.25

Roasted Red Onion Salad w/ Balsamic & Parmesan shaving (vg)……£3.25

Falafel & Tzaziki Dip……………………………….£3.25

Main

Chick Pea Goulash w/ spicy Cous Cous(vg)………………. £7.95

Mushroom Stroganoff on a bed of white Rice(veg)...£7.95

Spaghetti Bolognaise.(vg/veg)………...£7.95

Mix Veg Jambalaya (vg)………………………. £7.95

Veg Korma served w/ Pitta & Saffron rice (vg)…………………..£7.95

Tofu & Oriental Veg Stir fry(vg)……………………………..£7.95

Meat & Fish starter options

Chilli & Garlic Gambas on a bed of spinach (f)…………………. £3.25

Mussels………………………………………£4.25

Chicken liver pate…………………………………………………£3.25

Meat & Fish main options

Chicken Korma served w/ Pitta & Saffron rice…………………………..£8.95

Mexican Salmon Steak w/ Roast Veg & home made Potato Chips ………£8.95

In my opinion a veggie cafe should stay solely veggie - but then it's definitely better to branch out a little with free range meat if it means the cafe will stay open. i agree with LittleMermaid in that vegetarians have little choice in most cafes/restaurants so it's really good to go to a place where you don't have to scan the menu for the little "(v)" which is only next to 2 or 3 dishes - but if serving meat means the cafe can stay open, go for it. having 2 seperate menus would be really really good though, as it would mean definite veggies wouldn't have to read about non-potential meals - i know it sounds a bit picky, but in my opinion there's no point having meat dishes on the same menu as veggie stuff in a specifically veggie cafe if the majority of customers can't eat them!

I think when you go to the Bohemian, the meat and fish dishes are on a separate blackboard (they don't have individual menus) so that you can avoid looking at them if you don't want to.

Are some vegetarians that militant that they don't even want to look at meat related words written down?

Don't go to Oldham or Twickenham, whatever you do :D

most welcome! heres the number if you book for the weekend 01142557797. see you then:)

We came last night in the end! Excellent as per usual :)

Enchillada starter was really good, how you do the tomato sauce I don't know but it's always delicious!

Archived