The 'All things Bohemian' thread

BOHEMIAN

We came last night in the end! Excellent as per usual :)

Enchillada starter was really good, how you do the tomato sauce I don't know but it's always delicious!

hi! glad to hear you had a good time, iv been told that its all in the spices! ;)

Giving nothing away then ;)

Although I told you those chips were exactly like my grandma's-and you cannot get higher praise then that from me! Ooooh and do me a favour and put that mushroom polenta thing and tofu laksa on the menu again soon-I hear you know the owner :hihi:

Giving nothing away then ;)

Although I told you those chips were exactly like my grandma's-and you cannot get higher praise then that from me! Ooooh and do me a favour and put that mushroom polenta thing and tofu laksa on the menu again soon-I hear you know the owner :hihi:

hi! ill see what we can do!:)

• 1 month later...
Hey what's the menu this month please? Thinking of coming over today or tomorrow. Cheers

June 2010

Starters & Light bites

• Soup De Jour (vg)………………………. £3.25

• Jacket potato with a choice of fillings

(1-topping=£2.75 2-toppings=£3.25 3-toppings=£3.75)

• Onion Baji with salad and yoghurt dip…£3.25

• Quiche De Jour…………………………£3.25

• Falafel with mint yoghurt dip and Pitta……£3.25

• Deep Fried Breaded brie with cranberry dip……£3.25

Mains

• Pizza with your choice of topping……£7.95

• Vegetable Lasagne (cheese optional)……£7.95

• Bean & Butternut squash Risotto………£7.95

• Oriental Stir-fry…………………………£7.95

• Three cheese Gnocchi……………………£7.95

Fish & meat

Starters

• Mussels

• Battered calamari

Mains

• Oven baked Sole on a bed of warn Tomato Salsa

• Spaghetti and home made Meat ball’s

• Pizza (meat topping available)

A huge disappointment!!

My girlfriend and I fancied a nice meal on Friday night and we picked the Bohemian Cafe and I can honestly say it was the worst meal I've ever had.

In fact within one hour of leaving the establishment I was wretching in the street and my girlfriend had terrible stomach pains. God only knows how my she managed to keep her meal down; a stir fry - a grey congealed broth of over cooked noodles, handfuls of salt and an oxo cube. She was so hungry that she managed to eat a third of the bowl but then had to complain. The waiter, although friendly, came back and told us that both he and the chef had tasted her meal and they thought the salt levels were acceptable. He reduced the bill by £2. I had tried the stir fry and it was foul.

I've noticed from previous postings that the onus is placed on the customer to complain however the waiter was clearly implying that we were wrong. I had an overpriced pathetic attempt at a lasagne.

My advice: don't eat there until they employ a new chef.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived