The 'All things Bohemian' thread

BOHEMIAN

this might be off topic but i was very dissapointed when i visited the bohemian a few weeks ago.

Before this visit, i had been many times before it had the makeover and new menu, and i loved the food and atmosphere.

When i tasted the new menu, i was soooo dissapointed, i couldn't even eat my meal. I ordered the vegetarian biryani, and i assumed it would come with a sauce, as there was no sauce option on the menu. Yes, i should have asked, but i didn't. it arrived, with some pitta and mint and yoghut dip.

It looked like a huge plate of plain brown rice, peas, potatoes and carrots. And it was. It tasted soo bland, and i was really upset. I didn't want to say anything, as my boyfriend had taken me there as a treat, so i didn't want to upset him or the atmosphere.

He tried it and was shocked at how bad it tasted. It had no seasoning, and was the most expensive plate of rice and peas i had ever tasted/bought! It was also stuck together, and definately tasted mircowaved. I think the price was £8.95.

Anyway, i hate complaining and i certainly don't want to stop people going, but i won't be visiting the restaurant again, as i think the food is over priced, and tasteless.

Its just such a shame, as the old bohemian was lovely, with the food being full of flavour and worth every penny. It seems the food has gotten worse, and even more expensive.

this might be off topic but i was very dissapointed when i visited the bohemian a few weeks ago.

Before this visit, i had been many times before it had the makeover and new menu, and i loved the food and atmosphere.

When i tasted the new menu, i was soooo dissapointed, i couldn't even eat my meal. I ordered the vegetarian biryani, and i assumed it would come with a sauce, as there was no sauce option on the menu. Yes, i should have asked, but i didn't. it arrived, with some pitta and mint and yoghut dip.

It looked like a huge plate of plain brown rice, peas, potatoes and carrots. And it was. It tasted soo bland, and i was really upset. I didn't want to say anything, as my boyfriend had taken me there as a treat, so i didn't want to upset him or the atmosphere.

He tried it and was shocked at how bad it tasted. It had no seasoning, and was the most expensive plate of rice and peas i had ever tasted/bought! It was also stuck together, and definately tasted mircowaved. I think the price was £8.95.

Anyway, i hate complaining and i certainly don't want to stop people going, but i won't be visiting the restaurant again, as i think the food is over priced, and tasteless.

Its just such a shame, as the old bohemian was lovely, with the food being full of flavour and worth every penny. It seems the food has gotten worse, and even more expensive.

Hi I am sorry about your experiance obviously I wasn't working at the time of your meal but I hope you can change your mind about not visiting the bohemian it doesn't sound like Geoff to serve bland food especially when both owners are from Kashmir so curries are there cultural dish.

If you would like to try us again just ask for Paul and I'm sure we could sort something out for you.

Sorry again for any upset caused.

Kind Regards Paul

I'm not getting at you personally JoJomarmite - but this is something that really bugs me. You didn't like you meal and thought it was poor qualioty rather than just something you didn't like. So rather than tell the staff quietly and politely and let the Chef know of your experience to allow them to try to fix it so that you have a better experience. You instead come on here and tell everyone what a terrible time you had and that you'll never go back, despite previous good experiences.

If you had complained and they had treated you badly then that would be a different matter.

As I say this isn't a rant directly aimed you, because you see it so many times. We just can't seem to get the way of complaining right over here to make sure we get good service. Its either all ranting and raving, or nothing at all!

Sorry, rant over!

Don't get a lot of the posts on here saying how they wouldn't go because it caters only for veggies. I'm not a veggie but I can enjoy a vegetarian meal. As long as the food's good why would you stay away just because of the lack of meat?

Don't get a lot of the posts on here saying how they wouldn't go because it caters only for veggies. I'm not a veggie but I can enjoy a vegetarian meal. As long as the food's good why would you stay away just because of the lack of meat?

Agreed. I'm not sure that by adding a meat dish you broaden your appeal at all. The veggie stuff you sell at present is suitable for (nearly) everybody (vegans notwithstanding) and there's a bit of fish for them that want too.

I worry that adding meat may put off some veggie/vegans, while not attracting any more meat eaters. You're always gonna get some dyed in the wool meat eaters saying "I'd never go somewhere that doesn't serve meat", but most people in that frame of mind won't suddenly come to a veggie restaurant just because there's now a single chicken dish on the menu.

The majority of level headed meat eaters (myself included) see no need to eat meat every meal (or every day, or even every week!).

I'm not getting at you personally JoJomarmite - but this is something that really bugs me. You didn't like you meal and thought it was poor qualioty rather than just something you didn't like. So rather than tell the staff quietly and politely and let the Chef know of your experience to allow them to try to fix it so that you have a better experience. You instead come on here and tell everyone what a terrible time you had and that you'll never go back, despite previous good experiences.

If you had complained and they had treated you badly then that would be a different matter.

As I say this isn't a rant directly aimed you, because you see it so many times. We just can't seem to get the way of complaining right over here to make sure we get good service. Its either all ranting and raving, or nothing at all!

I do normally mention it to the staff if something is wrong, but like i said, my boyfriend had taken me there for a treat and to cheer me up (something bad happened, and i don't want to discuss it) so i didn't have the energy to complain, and i didn't want to upset my boyfriend or ruin the evening. Thats why i have mentioned it on here, as i missed my chance. It is important for them to know, and it made sense to say it now! Like i said, i don't want to put people off, but feedback, good or bad, is important. If i can help them improve one dish, it will prevent future compaints i guess!! As for going back, maybe i will, as a treat, and try something else, but i do fiind the menu a bit too expensive.

Hi I am sorry about your experiance obviously I wasn't working at the time of your meal but I hope you can change your mind about not visiting the bohemian it doesn't sound like Geoff to serve bland food especially when both owners are from Kashmir so curries are there cultural dish.

If you would like to try us again just ask for Paul and I'm sure we could sort something out for you.

Sorry again for any upset caused.

Kind Regards Paul

Hey thank you, its ok!! I just thought i would mention it. I should have mentioned it at the time, but i couldn't for personal reasons. I just think it is important in order to help u guys, maybe it was a one off, and its not always like that, but the rice was clumpy and very bland. i guess i was just shocked because i had visited the restauant before the new menu and makeover had been introduced, and the food was great and worth every penny.

I do normally mention it to the staff if something is wrong, but like i said, my boyfriend had taken me there for a treat and to cheer me up (something bad happened, and i don't want to discuss it) so i didn't have the energy to complain, and i didn't want to upset my boyfriend or ruin the evening. Thats why i have mentioned it on here, as i missed my chance. It is important for them to know, and it made sense to say it now! Like i said, i don't want to put people off, but feedback, good or bad, is important. If i can help them improve one dish, it will prevent future compaints i guess!! As for going back, maybe i will, as a treat, and try something else, but i do fiind the menu a bit too expensive.

As I say, it wasn't aimed directly at you jojo, as you had said that you had reasons for not making a complaint at that time. I just feel sorry for all the restaurants struggling against people slating them on here and in other similar places when they weren't even given the option of rectifying the problem at the time.

Archived