The disc jockey cafe on london road 1963-66 and famingo on abbeydale rd

Here are some more names Iv'e managed to remember.

Two brothers I think Terry and Brian Green, Terry had a Austin A35 or 40 and he was red hot behind the wheel, Mick Crich used to go in their also and im sure people will know what happened to him. I remember a much older Guy, we called Pop for obvious reasons, but he still used to take the girls out to Matlock etc, he had a BSA 500. Talking of girls, I remember Caroline Sharp she lived just round the corner on Empire Road, a girl Sue from Parsons Cross, a blonde called Gina and Finally Gloria who I am sure most regulars will remember. I am sure I will think of some more names but it was a long time ago and the old memory isn’t as good as it was.

• 1 month later...

I remember Tom Sales from Ray's cafe on Langsett Rd, he was on Vincents then. He had a lock-up garage near the tower block he lived in, he was at the garage one day when some CID friends of his were passing. While they were chatting, Tom was busy trying to steer them away from the garage- there were 3 bikes parked in the garage, a trail bike and 2 Vincents, parked rear end facing out- and all 3 showing the same number plate!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i used to go discjocky and flamingo and take five 1962 to 1965 i had an ariel leader,i used to ride about a lot with two brothers called john and ian ithink john had a tribsa ian ended up buying a three wheeler car

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember when the Jockey started? My mate and I used to go there quite regularly and also the El Mambo which I remember when I was in my last year at school so it would be '57/'58? I really liked the Mambo ( heaven & Hell etc) although there were a few dodgy souls in and out.

• 1 month later...

My sister used to go in the Flamingo all the time,her name is Caroline Sharpe, her best friend was a girl called Linda who lived on Brookfield road, I remember a lot of the names mentioned on here as they used to come to our house,Lulu if i remember had blonde hair.My sister used to go out out with someone called John Cooper. I remember all the senior brothers as well

• 2 months later...
a whole gang of us went to see the beatles hard days night at the abbeydale pictures, i think we went to see to sir with love as well,and possibly summer holiday. this adds up to about half of my visits to a cinema. i wasnt too keen [boring]i only went because everyone else was going.

didnt the Stork brothers own the flamingo, i quite liked one of them but he was older than me , and i think he had a sports car, way out of my league. i saw him in a pub in town one day he had something to do with the juke box and 1 arm bandit. he remembered me.

did you know roy pugh or his mate phil. roy was at the tech in pond st in 1964. he went with linda for a while. had a pink and white consul.

phil did an old austin or ford up and put stickers of pistons on the outside. it set on fire on the way back from fox house. happy days

roy pugh was my best mate at the time.i remember linda small blonde and another girl ester ithink they called her.cant remember what car phil wade had