Brand new electro night

Yeah sis send Mr Toby down, I'll sort him and his work buddies out with Guest List and VIP :)

With regards to your comment disfunktion, I think that BIG NAME DJ's is not always everyone's cup of tea and I know that people would sometimes prefer to go out and pay the same money to go and see local talent and really support their cities nightlife. Prime example is Speed Queen...They have a handful of residents that always deliver when they play and its proved to be a massive success in both Leeds and Sheffield. Its all about the people, the atmosphere the msuic and having a great time, NO BIG NAME DJ's needed. I know this as I'm one of the DJ's and every SQ that I've been too and played at, the main focus isn't on the DJ, its on the night as a whole, and having a great time with friends and enjoying everything on the night, the people, the music, the atmosphere etc.

I really want ROBOFUNK to be a hit in Sheffield and host some of the cities finest talent on the decks to show what the city can offer. I can appreciate that at some other nightclubs you can pay roughly the same as ROBOFUNK, to go and see BIG NAME DJ's and on most occassions it brings lots of people through the doors. My direction is slightly different and I ask the good people of Sheffield to support your local DJ's/Perfromers.

Come to ROBOFUNK this Friday night and we'll have a great time, I'll make sure your looked after and that you hve a quality night out ;)

John :)

Yeah sis send Mr Toby down, I'll sort him and his work buddies out with Guest List and VIP :)

With regards to your comment disfunktion, I think that BIG NAME DJ's is not always everyone's cup of tea and I know that people would sometimes prefer to go out and pay the same money to go and see local talent and really support their cities nightlife. Prime example is Speed Queen...They have a handful of residents that always deliver when they play and its proved to be a massive success in both Leeds and Sheffield. Its all about the people, the atmosphere the msuic and having a great time, NO BIG NAME DJ's needed. I know this as I'm one of the DJ's and every SQ that I've been too and played at, the main focus isn't on the DJ, its on the night as a whole, and having a great time with friends and enjoying everything on the night, the people, the music, the atmosphere etc.

I really want ROBOFUNK to be a hit in Sheffield and host some of the cities finest talent on the decks to show what the city can offer. I can appreciate that at some other nightclubs you can pay roughly the same as ROBOFUNK, to go and see BIG NAME DJ's and on most occassions it brings lots of people through the doors. My direction is slightly different and I ask the good people of Sheffield to support your local DJ's/Perfromers.

Come to ROBOFUNK this Friday night and we'll have a great time, I'll make sure your looked after and that you hve a quality night out ;)

John :)

I couldn't agree more John. We need to support local business, and of course local talent.

Sounds like this new night if a perfect opportunity for new up and coming local DJ's to get their foot in the door....I remember thats how you started wasn't it??!!

You cant compare the night with Speedqueen.

All I asked is how can you justify charging £5 entry for what is effectively a bar?

In terms of supporting local DJ's - you can see any number of established locals DJ's playing throughout Sheffield with entry being free to the majority of venues. - What makes your night different? :)

Not having a go by the way - Just curious. I've met you a few times and spoken to you.

if you fancy a change boys or girls head down to Sanctuary for RAH RAH......Sanctuary are supplying chesp drinks all night till the early morning...this is the last Sheffield Pride Fundrasier so support would be amazo.

Tonight RAH welcomes RALPH RAZOR (Razor Stiletto) and ASBO A GOGO (Bungalows n Bears) to Club Sanctuary with a gender bender party. if you havent got any dress up dont worry we have plenty!!

Gonna be off the chain!!

DJ RALPH should need no introduction as the rocket fuel behind Razor Stilleto, probably the universes most progressive and greatest club night.

Also playing are Steel Citys most eligible bachelorettes, ASBO A GOGO, guaranteed to make you 'stop, drop and roll' coz they are hot like fire! Bo!

Residents Big Issue, Lola and the Sundance Kid, GINXS and Ema spinning indie, avant-garde electro, vintage hiphop, dancehall and dnb.

A definate variety to treat your ears!!

Also have a visitor Gayham, whos not been around for a while, come check him out!!!!

A percentage of door tax goes straight to Sheffield Pride!!!

x

x

You cant compare the night with Speedqueen.

All I asked is how can you justify charging £5 entry for what is effectively a bar?

In terms of supporting local DJ's - you can see any number of established locals DJ's playing throughout Sheffield with entry being free to the majority of venues. - What makes your night different? :)

Not having a go by the way - Just curious. I've met you a few times and spoken to you.

I'm not at all comparing my night to SQ mate, just showing you an example of a night that doesn't rely on bringin in big name dj's

The justifiction of the £5 entry is to cover all promotion costs, staff/DJ wages, rent of the club. If I could lower the entry fee mate I would as I want people to come long and have a great night for as little as possible. This is why I have incorperated a unique promotion on drinks... When your given a flyer by my promo team, you get a free drink token that you can use at the bar, thats my USP selling point in regards to drinks/promotions etc. The USP selling point for Robofunk as a club night, is the music, the atmosphere, the people...things that I believe that make a really good night out!

I would say that Static is a nightclub/bar, not a huge nightclub compared to others but all the same a place where good club nights can be held and well worth the entry fee in my opinion. The feedback I have gained from the launch night was very good indeed so the entry price has not been an issue, especially with the drink promotions...they have gone down a real treat! :)

You coming down tonight then matey?

Shameless spam.....

ha ha. I noticed it too.... I thought sanctuary had closed down....? i'm out of touch with things now. lol

Hope it goes well again tonight john, i'm sure it will. just hope the rain stops!!!!! ;)

ha ha. I noticed it too.... I thought sanctuary had closed down....? i'm out of touch with things now. lol

Hope it goes well again tonight john, i'm sure it will. just hope the rain stops!!!!! ;)

Thanks sis. Me too lol ;) I've got a promo team out in full force tonight with my girls kitted out in tu tus, I don't want them to get drenched, may have to get some brollys on the scene ;)

If you want to go on the ROBOFUNK Guest List then get in touch ASAP!!!

Mate you dont need to edit and then re-edit entries :P - I can see the original ones as they come through via email.

I wasn't having a go - Just looking to hear your thoughts.

Why are they charging you 'rent' to use the 'club'? - Surely if you are bringing in business then you shouldn't have to pay them? :confused:

Good luck with the night anyhow :)

I know matey I realised that, I know your not having a go and I admit I can be a little bit too defensive sometimes lol ;)

The rent is one of the terms I had to agree to, its not just coming out of my pocket mate, but the guys who run upstairs too, its a standard deduction that comes out every week, nothing I can do lol.

Come down next week buddy and I'll make sure you and your friends have a great night out.

Promotion and event management is all new for me and its something I'm wanting to be successful in. I'm looking for all the support I can from the public so that RF can be a successful born 'n' bred Sheffield club night and get people really talking about it.

I really appreciate your feedbck buddy and I take it all on board, next time you see me out playing come say hi and we'll have a beer and a chat.

Thanks agin for your support dude :)

The rent is one of the terms I had to agree to, its not just coming out of my pocket mate, but the guys who run upstairs too, its a standard deduction that comes out every week, nothing I can do lol.

Seems very unfair of the venue to charge you to provide entertainment so to speak.

If I'm in Sheffield next week I'll try and pop down.

Archived