Help!! My cellar is flooded!

Originally posted by depoix

hi msb,didnt the surveyor mention it when you first bought the house,presuming you had a survey done, meybe there could be recompence from them, just a thought..

Oh dear!!!

I was living in Spain at the time - was trying to get old house sold and new one bought from over there. My buyer was taking ages and dragging her feet. In the end I was so glad to get a house that guess what!! Didn't bother having a survey done.

Would it have shown up on searches though?? Did have those done!

(PS - was dreading someone mentioning the 'survey' thing, lol)

Originally posted by msbehavin

Oh dear!!!

I was living in Spain at the time - was trying to get old house sold and new one bought from over there. My buyer was taking ages and dragging her feet. In the end I was so glad to get a house that guess what!! Didn't bother having a survey done.

Would it have shown up on searches though?? Did have those done!

(PS - was dreading someone mentioning the 'survey' thing, lol)

Oh you silly girl...I have a vax if any good...better than a bucket!!

:thumbsup:

I may have this completely wrong......but...could you have a pump installed permenantly on the back of your house and feed a tube down to the foot of the cellar?

Instead of raising the floor, you could just have it resurfaced so that there is a small slope towards wherever the tube appears?

Alternatively, could you fit a drain and connect the pipe from it to the main drain of your house?

N

Originally posted by liencam

I may have this completely wrong......but...could you have a pump installed permenantly on the back of your house and feed a tube down to the foot of the cellar?

Instead of raising the floor, you could just have it resurfaced so that there is a small slope towards wherever the tube appears?

Alternatively, could you fit a drain and connect the pipe from it to the main drain of your house?

N

The easier solution to that would be to dig a sump hole on the lowest edge or corner of the room to run a pump from.

I would not to guestimate how much a good enough pump would cost though :(

Originally posted by venger

The easier solution to that would be to dig a sump hole on the lowest edge or corner of the room to run a pump from.

I would not to guestimate how much a good enough pump would cost though :(

Is that different from my suggestion?!

;):confused:

Originally posted by liencam

Is that different from my suggestion?!

;):confused:

Cheaper and easier using the same type of method.

Rather than breaking in to drainage systems and resurfacing floors.

That was all :(

Tanking of a cellar is not an easy job but if anyone is thinking of having it converted I can recommend a very good company called Cellseal. They have nearly finished my cellar conversion into an extra bedroom and bathroom which will undoubtedly add more to the value of the house than it costs to undertake.

Approximate costs for a three roomed cellar in a terraced house is around £9,500 per room but this is including all fixtures and fittings, flooring etc. So in the scheme of things not bad.

Timescale approximately 12 weeks. And you dont need planning permission as it is just using the space which is currently provided in your home.

they have a website which isnt all that up to date as they are sooooo busy doing loads of conversions.

If anyone wants contact names and telephone numbers I can provide them.

:clap:

Hey Msb with the growing trend for creatures in your house...ie., lovebirds, dogs and geckos why not make a feature of it and purchase some Koi Carp etc

If the water is fresh spring water I am sure they will be happy down there....maybe you could also consider some frogs...even a couple of ducks for the residental pond...:thumbsup:

Just a thought..:P

Originally posted by technophobe

Tanking of a cellar is not an easy job but if anyone is thinking of having it converted I can recommend a very good company called Cellseal. They have nearly finished my cellar conversion into an extra bedroom and bathroom which will undoubtedly add more to the value of the house than it costs to undertake.

Cellseal look gooood!!!

Cheers Technophobe!

Archived