Pub Grub in South Sheff

Thinking of going out for some pub grub tonight. My boyfriend lives in Waterthorpe, which seems pretty short of pubs, but ive got a car so somewhere in south sheffield.

Just as long as it's good food!! : )

Em

Originally posted by MobileB

Prince of Wales on Ecclesall Road is very nice and would thoroughly recommend the Door Moor Inn.

Dore Moor Inn yes. Prince of Wales, atrocious, bland, typical pub-chain anything'll do fare.

The Dore Moor is very good but every time I go their prices seem to have gone up. (If you want to buy a large glass of wine, be prepared to get little, if any, change from a fiver.) But certainly, I've always enjoyed their food. I also like the more, rustic, intimate feel of the place.

But the Prince of Wales is a joke. Don't be fooled.

If you're out in this direction, try the Cross Scythes at Totley. Round the corner you've got the Cricket Inn. I haven't as yet eaten here but it always gets good reviews.

Interesting Ousetunes how opinions vary on food. I went in Prince of Wales last week for something to eat. It was relatively quiet and was quite nice.

Also was in the Ladybower on Sunday and that was excellent.

If you knew me, you would know food was a bit of an expert area! (that and 12 years in the hotel and catering industry!)

Yes the Prince of Wales has become an Ember in, nearly 5 years ago. The pub itself is alright. The food is pretty grim. The punters..........well......... where do I start. Ten bob millionaires springs to mind. Many other phrases also but I'll not disgrace this site with fowl language!!

I agree with the Door Moor Inn and the Castle from previous posts.

Also in that area are the Toby Carvery at Parkhead and the Waggon and Horses on Abbeydale Road in Millhouses. You can get good grub from either of these places.

Archived