Robin Hood Pub, Millhouses.

• 10 months later...

Went in the Robin Hood last night and chose from the xmas menu. My partners prawn cocktail starter was ok but thought 4 breaded mushrooms that I had was hardly a starter. Our mains were baked hake which again was ok and a type of aubergine bake that had been reheated on the plate and congealed around the edges. There were served with sprouts (tasteless) a few carrots and parsnips that were so overcooked they were inedible. Tried to talk to the waitress to make our feeling known but she just said sorry about that and shot off. Wont be eating here again.

I think the RH is by far the best pub in the area and I include ecclesall in that the pow and the hammer are very average these days.

Unfortunately there's no good pubs in the area any more. The Banner Cross is OK as a decent ordinary pub and the refurbished Greystones (ex-Highcliffe) is said to be good.

Unfortunately there's no good pubs in the area any more. The Banner Cross is OK as a decent ordinary pub and the refurbished Greystones (ex-Highcliffe) is said to be good.

The Hammer is pretty good these days. The Greystones is excellent, in my opinion.

Archived