Double yellow lines

Mo

Can anybody tell me why it is ok for people with disabled badges to park on double yellow lines?

It obviously makes life much easier for them if they are not driving around for ages to find a parking space and probably also means they have less distance to walk to shops etc but come on...if its illegal for the rest of us to park then it should be for everybody.

If able bodied people create a dangerous hazard by parking in certain places then so do disabled people.

This one has always puzzled me :?:

I think they can only be parked there for up to an hour..

All the same, I agree that it's a stupid law. I'm all for making life easier for the less abled, but that doesn't include making the road dangerous for the rest of us.

Originally posted by Classic Rock

I've heard that council traffic wardens cannot give you a ticket for parking on yellow lines, only the police can do this. Wonder if it's true.

Get clamped....call Angle Grinder man!

Hehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Classic Rock

I've heard that council traffic wardens cannot give you a ticket for parking on yellow lines, only the police can do this. Wonder if it's true.

Get clamped....call Angle Grinder man!

Why don't you park your car on double yellows and find out?

• 7 years later...

Archived