Dove & Rainbow -Whats your views

hey hang on there' date=' the thread is called "Dove & Rainbow - whats your views" not "Dove & Rainbow - what are your positive views" ! he's only given his view, in fairness the view is a little harsh , and it would have been nice for him to have expalined why he thinks its a Sh*t hole.[/quote']

I love these forums. People moaning about everything and nothing. Anyways good manners do not cost anything and the said contributor could have articulated his dislike in a much better way.

Personally I have played a gig there with my band some time ago and had a wicked time there! There you go that is my opinion!:love:

I agree, I dont expect 100% praise, but thanks for supporting me there 2 posts back....I like to hear what people DON'T like about the Dove too......its all taken on board one way or the other. So please with ref to previous poster tell me what you dislike and why you think its a ----hole.

But historically in every town and city you will find that so called ----holes are often some of the most popular pubs/bars/clubs around......its the people that make a place, NOT the decor or condition of the venue itself......if you look at the list of pubs/bars that have closed in Sheffield over the last year you will find a significant % of them are relatively new undertakings rather than 'old skool' pubs......the tide is turning, and I believe that the tidal wave of new bland 'clone' bars that have sprung up will all vanish within the next 2 years as the old Credit crunch continues to chomp away at Sheffields pub/bar stock.......

i might not agree with everything you say on this forum nor like everything about your pub/s, but you do listen to what people have to say (as long as its said right, which is fair enough) and that i respect. ive had many a good night in the dove and im sure i will continue to (specially now the pools back) now if only you'd do something about the picnic tables :)

Why did you have to post that comment?

My personal opinion is that you perform that act at least once a day so then it wouldn't matter what your opinion is!

You know it is good to see many people giving positive feedback to someone's passion and way of making a living. You come on here and ruin the thread. So why say anything if it is not going to be constructive or positive!:huh:

the o.p asked for peoples opinions so i gave my opinion :huh: why isn't it constructive ??? why should i lie and say it's brill ??? i was giving my honest opinion thats all

the o.p asked for peoples opinions so i gave my opinion :huh: why isn't it constructive ??? why should i lie and say it's brill ??? i was giving my honest opinion thats all

Fair do's, but an explanation of why you think it's a sh*t hole would be useful.

This division between 'alternatives' and 'chavs' puts me off to be honest. Reading some of these comments you enter the premises to be unfairly & brutally judged?

spot on IMO.

i also seem to remember GF complaining about an incident outside players bar maybe? when he was called a goth or something? i forget exact details and i think it was him but it makes his "chav free zone" somewhat ironic.

For all that there's a temptation to juxtapose the clientele of the Bankers Draft and the Dove, or to talk about "chavs" and "alternatives" and so on, I don't think anyone actually does get judged on appearance in the Dove. In my experience you can look as smart, scratty or whatever else in there and as long as you're not causing trouble then everyone's fine. I think its the mix of types of people in there that makes it what it is. Which may be superficially not the prettiest pub in the world, but the beer's good, the staff are sound and, mercifully for me, they're pretty forgiving about people dancing around boisterously to Def Leppard and Warrant of a Friday evening...

For all that there's a temptation to juxtapose the clientele of the Bankers Draft and the Dove, or to talk about "chavs" and "alternatives" and so on, I don't think anyone actually does get judged on appearance in the Dove. In my experience you can look as smart, scratty or whatever else in there and as long as you're not causing trouble then everyone's fine. I think its the mix of types of people in there that makes it what it is. Which may be superficially not the prettiest pub in the world, but the beer's good, the staff are sound and, mercifully for me, they're pretty forgiving about people dancing around boisterously to Def Leppard and Warrant of a Friday evening...

well said dude. We are a strange but happy place. Its hard enough to keep any pubs open at all these days let alone a back street niche market venue....but we try where others have failed, and where others fear to tread....

Me and The White Rose love the Dove. We liked it when it was the 'old' punky Dove, too, though the beer was a bit variable then. Since Goldenfleece took it over though the beer is a dream, and rock and real ale make excellent bedfellows. I sometimes go in in my 'work' clothes and have never had any funny looks or comments. Always found it dead friendly.

Really looking forward to moving into my new work premises at 111 Arundel Gate, as the Dove will be my nearest good pub! Woohoo!

Archived