Dove & Rainbow -Whats your views

Well me and my good lady, went to the nelson rock-bar

on saturday, and it was heaving, a really nice crowd.

We had 2 cocktails each, real good value i think i was paying £5

for 2. The down stairs bar was all the old rock songs, played by some guy called les. I don't think anymore people would have got in, it was so busy. The bar staff where rushed off their feet,

but we got great service. I think this is going to be our saturday

night regular from now on, glad we found it.

Born to rock-and-roll

Its a smelly pub full of smelly people and the prices are sky high.
thanks for that, now i know what i smell ... :o:P

what a tart... id like to point out that in the pubs defence... ive enjoyed many many evenings in the dove with some yes, very colourful characters, good music with good people... if its not ya taste then just dont go, but to slag off the people who do go there isnt fair is it?? eh, AnnElk??

sometimes poeple just cant see past the surface of their own eyes...

Well me and my good lady, went to the nelson rock-bar

on saturday, and it was heaving, a really nice crowd.

We had 2 cocktails each, real good value i think i was paying £5

for 2. The down stairs bar was all the old rock songs, played by some guy called les. I don't think anymore people would have got in, it was so busy. The bar staff where rushed off their feet,

but we got great service. I think this is going to be our saturday

night regular from now on, glad we found it.

Born to rock-and-roll

We also do dedicated classic rock each and every Saturday night, 100% the classics gems, plus we are open past Midnight whereas the Nelson shuts at 11. We also do cocktails are you will find our prices pretty well match up give or take a few pence. Like the Nelson we are a pre-Corporation meet, in that most of our customers go clubbing when we close here at 0030. Check us out.....we are different to the Nelson with just the one big room rather than 2 smaller ones, but a wicked beer garden and a 5k sound system that will rock your socks off.....

The Dove rocks!

Wish Sheffield had more rock pubs though.

Nelson is good too.

I don't think Sheffield could support more than 2 full time rock pubs, the rock scene here is not quite as strong as, say Nottingham or Manchester at the moment. Both of those cities support more than 2 rock pubs due to demand, in SHeffield a 3rd full time rock pub would certainly struggle to get established, the old rockers tend to be very loyal and don't really like change. The Nelson has an established crowd, and so do we, and all are suspicious of 'new' rock venues, as Sheffield's past history is rather colorful in that respect, where a few places has proved very short lived and did not live up to expectations despite a lot of hype.

Both the Nelson and the Dove have a long history with rock, although to be fair the Nelson more so as it was originally a well established rock pub back in the 1970's, but went mainstream and then various theme bars in the 80's and 90's, only returning to rock during this decade. Dove has been 'alternative' and rock related since the 90's.....make the most of us, because we both are supported by Sheffield's rock scene....

yeah my regulars do like to head bang and show off a bit when a classic rock anthem comes on the juke box.......they are harmless bless them......

we no longer tolerate smelly people who used to try to come in from the Bankers Draft, usually bag ladies and tramps.....they got the message back in 2007, and no longer venture near us fortunately......

Your constant jibes at the bankers, get very tiresome.

Your constant jibes at the bankers, get very tiresome.

not a 'jibe' in any sense of the word...allow me to elucidate....the definition of that word, aside from changing the course of a ship, is to be in harmony, agreement, or accord.....I do hate it when people have no understanding of the most basic words and don't know how to use them, what they mean, and in what context.....may I suggest the latest edition of the Oxford English dictionary and Thesaurus on your Xmas list.....its a very very good read and will enlighten you completely on the best words to use in the appropriate situations for the use of said word. Peace and Love.

not a 'jibe' in any sense of the word...allow me to elucidate....the definition of that word, aside from changing the course of a ship, is to be in harmony, agreement, or accord.....I do hate it when people have no understanding of the most basic words and don't know how to use them, what they mean, and in what context.....may I suggest the latest edition of the Oxford English dictionary and Thesaurus on your Xmas list.....its a very very good read and will enlighten you completely on the best words to use in the appropriate situations for the use of said word.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slang+jibe

Know you not slang?

Maybe you should buy the OE dictionary of slang, not for xmas, but just for general use.

Btw are you American as surely as an Englishman you would have meant gybe in the sense you used it. As a Sheffield Englsihman I'd expect you to know a few slang words, especially some of which are used commonly in the city. Maybe you don't attract enough people from the city into your pub, unlike the bankers, to pick up on such terms, so it is understandable and I'll let you off.

Please try to learn the lingo though, it really isn't hard.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slang+jibe

Know you not slang?

Maybe you should buy the OE dictionary of slang, not for xmas, but just for general use.

Btw are you American as surely as an Englishman you would have meant gybe in the sense you used it. As a Sheffield Englsihman I'd expect you to know a few slang words, especially some of which are used commonly in the city. Maybe you don't attract enough people from the city into your pub, unlike the bankers, to pick up on such terms, so it is understandable and I'll let you off.

Please try to learn the lingo though, it really isn't hard.

ha ha ha I have to take my hat off to that reply....... a point to you on that argument, that was a good retort:hihi:

Archived