Nice cosy pub to take the parents out to eat?

Before anyone says, yes I have searched :D

What I'm looking for is a nice pub, not loud and cosy decor, to take my partners parents to to eat out at in the evening. I live in S6 Walkley and happy to get a taxi to somewhere decent. Lots of perfectly nice pubs around us in Walkley/Crookes but none that serve food in the evenings. I'd happily go to Old Grindstone, but again no food. Just want nice home made pub food

They're paying so don't want anything too expensive...ones like the Wig & Pen although very nice inside are a bit pricey I'm told. The last one I took them to was The Stag on Psalter Lane which was perfect and exactly what I want, just dont want to take them to same one. These sort of pubs seem a little hard to find as most pubs do gear themselves towards the drinking and not the eating. Dev Cat is an option I'm mulling although it can get pretty noisy in there, even on a week night.

Wondered if anyone had any good recommendations?

Before anyone says, yes I have searched :D

What I'm looking for is a nice pub, not loud and cosy decor, to take my partners parents to to eat out at in the evening. I live in S6 Walkley and happy to get a taxi to somewhere decent. Lots of perfectly nice pubs around us in Walkley/Crookes but none that serve food in the evenings. I'd happily go to Old Grindstone, but again no food. Just want nice home made pub food

They're paying so don't want anything too expensive...ones like the Wig & Pen although very nice inside are a bit pricey I'm told. The last one I took them to was The Stag on Psalter Lane which was perfect and exactly what I want, just dont want to take them to same one. These sort of pubs seem a little hard to find as most pubs do gear themselves towards the drinking and not the eating. Dev Cat is an option I'm mulling although it can get pretty noisy in there, even on a week night.

Wondered if anyone had any good recommendations?

I've not been for a while but you could try The Hillsborough Hotel. It's usually pretty quiet in there and whenever I've eaten in the past it's been really good. They used to have some decent offers on, e.g two meals for £8 but I don't know if they still have them.

Or what about the Admiral Rodney just out past Loxley? I've heard good things about that place

Archived