Jeremy Kyle show about the postcode gangs

Football can be bought for as little as £3.

To use the lottery funded pitch it costs £35 per hour.

Less fields about these days and some people obsessed with no ball games policy.

good point - theres not alot to do without costing money these days for young uns.

I watched the show, particularly interested in the Firth Park angle, kids with 'nowt to do'. I grew up in Firth Park in the 80's. We had troublesome kids, I recall glue was the drug of choice then.

However we were still kids, spent most of our time kicking around in Longley Park or Firth Park, getting a bag of chips bussing to Rivelin (sometimes 20 of us together). Never any aggro/fighting or problems. Kids today are told by 'somebody' there is nothing to do so spew it back parrot fashion as an excuse.

Problem with young people today is they aspire to be older and more grown up than they are, they want to drink, smoke mimick their idols (usually rappers or gangster types) hence trouble.

Other kids also mimick their idols who don't condone/promote or affiliate with street culture and funnily enough they don't get into trouble.

Seems there are far to many excuses given for bad behaviour and pack mentality rules over respect for their parents.

I watched the show, particularly interested in the Firth Park angle, kids with 'nowt to do'. I grew up in Firth Park in the 80's. We had troublesome kids, I recall glue was the drug of choice then.

However we were still kids, spent most of our time kicking around in Longley Park or Firth Park, getting a bag of chips bussing to Rivelin (sometimes 20 of us together). Never any aggro/fighting or problems. Kids today are told by 'somebody' there is nothing to do so spew it back parrot fashion as an excuse.

Problem with young people today is they aspire to be older and more grown up than they are, they want to drink, smoke mimick their idols (usually rappers or gangster types) hence trouble.

Other kids also mimick their idols who don't condone/promote or affiliate with street culture and funnily enough they don't get into trouble.

Seems there are far to many excuses given for bad behaviour and pack mentality rules over respect for their parents.

I wonder why was the money spent on winn gardens for the football, and park stuff - was it for young uns to have something to do ?

Why has winn gardens still got a bad name .

Simple facts are Youngs uns in some areas dont have nothing to do and all they know is the bad things - gangs make them feel better like there part of something (just like a youth club would at one time)

Its better to be part of something than be nothing and its easy to be part of a gang

sheffield is getting worse and wont get better untill theres a answer to it -

i dont know the answer to the gangs. or postcode gangs (Stannington has one as indeed do wisewood and other areas postcode gangs!

But i fear for the youth of today as more will get harmed or killed the way its going -

Middlewood Park (not Winn Gds) received Football Association funding to regenerate the football pitches which I beleive are mostly used by the Sunday League teams ;)

Additional works in the PUBLIC park adjacent to Winn were paid for by section 106 monies to mitigate for green space lost following housing development on the Middlewood Hospital site.

My point was not about facilities it was about children expecting experiences on a plate whereas when I was a child we went out and explored and were kids, not wannabe adults trying to impress people.

and youth clubs were rubbish and few on the ground when I was a kid

Middlewood Park (not Winn Gds) received Football Association funding to regenerate the football pitches which I beleive are mostly used by the Sunday League teams ;)

Additional works in the PUBLIC park adjacent to Winn were paid for by section 106 monies to mitigate for green space lost following housing development on the Middlewood Hospital site.

My point was not about facilities it was about children expecting experiences on a plate whereas when I was a child we went out and explored and were kids, not wannabe adults trying to impress people.

and youth clubs were rubbish and few on the ground when I was a kid

Oh i agree When i was a child you would respect your parents and for that matter the police, and i would play games on the street corner etc etc

i think the 2 bad things was knock and run, and apple pinching lol

But thats all changed now and not sure that will ever come back

im not sure really what the answer is like i said , but i think youth clubs are a start open perhaps 3 days a week or something

Youth clubs work for the 8-13 year group, after that young people don't want to be in an environment where they don't have overall control.

After 13 they want things on their terms and no boundary, stick in a club impose a no drink/smoking/swearing rule and turn out is minimal as they don't like the rules.

We tried it, kids stop being kids when they get to 14 unfortunately.

I watched the JK programme today and although I DID like JK before I wtched it..I thnk he is a goddam self liking messiah

How the hell he had the cheek to call Med Hughes in the phone call "my friend" who the bloddy eck does he think he is????

Does he think him an his TV crew can wave a magic wand and make everything ok??? He is soooooooooooo self righteous

He has dissed every youth worker and youth club in Sheffield and the surrounding area by his comments....

Come on JK get into the real world...just cos your TV company has "set up a club for all" does NOT mean your idea works...you got your head in the clouds mate

There is soo much positive work happening across the city...but like the saying goes....You can lead a horse to water....but you cant make them drink it!

JK has just dissed ALL the youth workers, project workers and EVERYONE working with under 18's across the City

Oh i agree When i was a child you would respect your parents and for that matter the police, and i would play games on the street corner etc etc

i think the 2 bad things was knock and run, and apple pinching lol

But thats all changed now and not sure that will ever come back

im not sure really what the answer is like i said , but i think youth clubs are a start open perhaps 3 days a week or something

I'm only young, me and my peers pinched apples and went wanging, played knock a door run, more often than not on a deaf person as their light bulbs would flash on and off if you pressed the bell. We'd play on the street corner, on the park, in the woods etc.

Kids are still doing it today. Hell, some of the kids are already trying to enforce the law; t'other day I seen a 7 year old lass, reciting out the law wrt to bonfires and the time they can be set, at the top of her shouting voice to group of men breaking the law wrt bonfires.

Along with the good/annoyingly tolerable ones (like me and you) and the others, there are the nobs, there'll always be the nobs, I worry too much and if you do, just try to work out how to make the 'nobs' productive.

To be honest what i think they need is a positive role model, someone to say you're better than this and you're hurting people by doing it. They can be anyone they want to be if they put their mind to it they need to realise that before they start getting criminal records because once they do it'll be so much harder to get out of the cyle because they'll be even more restricted on what they can do.

Archived