Jeremy Kyle show about the postcode gangs

when i was a nipper we used to play cowboys & indians ,war games with toy guns etc and most kids had a pen knife we didn,t grow up to be violent

Obviously I have no idea what age you are, but are you saying that there is no one from your generation that has been locked up for violence?

Or commited a violent act?

I think you'll find there has been violence in man since time began, blaming it on playing cowboys & indians or Jeremy Kyle isn't going to make it go away.

in the present day, young children don't really see it as pretend, there is so much of it going off, that if a child is not told the right or wrongs of gun and knifes they will grow up with having either of these weapons as part of there life, it will the norm to them.

I think aswell as concentrating on the crimes and trying to find a plan to reduce the crime, some work should be done with young people to try and deter them from growing up like some of the young people we have in our society today.

Like i say i dont know what could be done, and i am not 100% sure if there is actually anything in place right now, but something definately needs to be done

when i was a nipper we used to play cowboys & indians ,war games with toy guns etc and most kids had a pen knife we didn,t grow up to be violent
Yes, same here. We used to play cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, and war all the time. If we couldn't get hold of a toy gun or knife we'd fashion one out of anything to hand. Mind you, in my day we'd grown out of it by about 11ish.:hihi:

Penknives were used for whittling wood, prizing open tree bark and trying to stick in a log from ten paces .... not forgetting scraping dog doody off your shoes as well.:gag:

Obviously I have no idea what age you are, but are you saying that there is no one from your generation that has been locked up for violence?

Or commited a violent act?

I think you'll find there has been violence in man since time began, blaming it on playing cowboys & indians or Jeremy Kyle isn't going to make it go away.

im not blaming it on playing cowboys & indians what im saying kids used to play with toy guns and it was never frowned upon like it is now

JK winds me up somuch but after that program im more wound up. I watch this program has my partner told me he was in Sheffield and iam kind of annoyed. My partner moved to Sheffield from Immingham a couple of weeks before the murder of Dale Robertson has it happend on my door step and his mum was kind of worried has she also hear of the murder too of the lad in Pitsmore and thought Sheffield was not a safe city to live in. But i told her its safe i seen more drunken fights over the years in town then all these so called stabbings we not hear of.

But that lad who was on the program really sold Sheffield (not) and now set my partners mums mind to worried status, with him saying he seen it all and sees trouble and stabbings all the time and he says ITS the people of Sheffield and its not safe to live arround S5. Well ive lived in S5 all my life and i feel very safe walking about, Yes before the horried event of Dales death we had a few kids in groups on our road stoppin on street corner been loud but never no trouble, and for that lads information its the gang or firms has he called it causeing the trouble not the people of Sheffield. We dont hear of any other stabbings he was going on about, so are the police not telling us that its going on has much has this lad says so, or has he been watching to many gang films.

im not blaming it on playing cowboys & indians what im saying kids used to play with toy guns and it was never frowned upon like it is now

i think one of the reasons itis frowned upon is the fact that kids these days are not fully taught right and wrong about things like this!

kids are growing up thinking its fine to do what the older kids are doing, lets follow them....they never get into trouble, which then causes it to get worse more kids are carrying knives more crime is committed.

Kids need to be taught that you cant always have what u want, and crime is definately not the way to get what u want by crime..........but then i suppose that could be said to all criminals

The Manor has the highest rate of all crime in Sheffield, not Pitsmoor like people seem to think. Manor and Arborthorne tops the reports every single time!!!

I very much doubt Pitsmoor is treated like the manor regarding crime, its a different ball game.

Archived